FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skidder

Yeah work when you are getting something done or making money is one thing work because you made a mistake or something broke that shouldn't have is something different.

My dad does mostly firewood on our own land. He had a few hundred acres of wood land that he gets firewood from to sell. Recently it has been mostly clean up from last winter's ice storm. I don't know if you guys heard about it but northern MA and southern VT and NH had a huge ice storm last december. There were people without power for over 2 weeks and it destroyed a bunch of the trees so there is a lot of cleanup to do in the woods.

Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

I remember!!! Hydro-Québec went down to help out. We got help back in 1997 with our insane ice-storm from you guys down South!!! Nice to see how helpful neighbours could be!!!
    Metal is for men and wood is for wussies!!!!

Were any animals injured during the starting of the skidder?

Haha wow thats amazing i guess i should seal up my project cars motors in the winter and thats crazy that seeds bent a rod wow they must be pretty tough seeds
    Last edited by bradler451; 01-08-2010 at 09:38 PM.

I've never seen anything like that and my woodsplitter sits outside, thats something to think about.

The little monsters needed to make it through the muffler or intake so for most types of equipment it would be harder for them to get in. The skidder has the perfect pipe for animals to go in. It runs flat across the roof then angles down and about a 45 and then there is a short drop down to the engine. So they could just hop on the roof and head down the pipe.

The seeds were pretty well squished but there was no place for them to go. each time the exhaust valves opened it dropped more seeds inside until there were to many to fit. The thing has a monstrous starter on it.

Eric

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

I am just surprised there was nothing dead in there you know they can get in but to turn around in there it had to be a small kritter

thats insane, almost not believable until you see pics haha!

Do you have a flapper on your exaust pipe.

There isn't a flapper, since the pipe is horizontal it didn't really seem like it would need one. I am not sure what my dad will do in the spring time. Now the skidder is being used so nothing could build up

He has gotten mice in the air cleaner before. They didn't make it back out so there were just dead bodies and a few skeletons. They didn't bother it at all he just found them because he needed to take the air filter off for some other reason.

Eric

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com