FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a helmet.

Thanks for the order kiwimike,

I believe the helmet was shipped today. Those are our best welding masks and you will not be disappointed!
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

New Welding Helmet.

I can't wait, I'm going to pitch my tent right beside the mailbox and camp out until arrives.
    200 amp Arc Welder
    Oxy Acetylene Gas Set
    9" Angle grinder
    Swiss Army knife

Can anybody share your experience with an Elite? Im running a Harbor Freight Helmet that seems to do good. Is it worth the money to upgrade?
    Previously Owned: Forcecut 60D - силы сократить 60D
    Currently Owned: WeldAll 250PI
    Currently Owned: Honda Generator/Arc Welder

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

which elite are you talking about? i have both digital and analog elites from miller...they are pretty good lids, but there are also some things that i do not like about them... ask me (if these are the ones you are seeking advice about)
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

I was talking about the Longevity Brand (I.E. Carbon Fiber Elite, or ever the PRO models for that matter). Since Ive never forked out the cash for a nice helmet, it would be nice to have some lamens terms versus a specifications page to tell me why I should buy it. The money isnt really a problem for me, as long as its worth it. Doing this for a living, Im sure you can give me some great suggestions one what I should be (I must admit, I like having some of the best....).
    Quote Originally Posted by SICFabrications View Post
    which elite are you talking about? i have both digital and analog elites from miller...they are pretty good lids, but there are also some things that i do not like about them... ask me (if these are the ones you are seeking advice about)

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

sorry, taun. just lookin over old posts and saw this one that i didnt answer to... i have 0 experience with longevity lids, but have used tons of others. the jackson nexgen, miller elite, speedglass9100 are all 3 $300+ lids. this is what i like and dislike about each one.

jackson imo has the most durable lens. high and low temps both the jackson seems to be the least affected. the throat guard is short and also not big enough in general. the head gear sux too

miller's elite is the lightest and largest window. what i truly LOVE about it is this... im kinda a tall fella and the miller hoods have a longer throat guard (meaning i dont get nuclear sunburns on my adam's apple) the head gear is wonderful, and the actual hood itself extends back around my big head so as to block light at my peripherals too. i own 2 elite hoods both analog and digital, and these are the ones that i reach for 99% of the time

speedglass is heavy, and they have a real wide viewing lens, i see too much of the work and get lost as to where the weld seam is. i got hit head on by a drunk driver back in '98 and heavy hoods are a real pain in my neck, even after all this time

fibre-metal <----- boooooooooo, me no likey. too heavy, bulky and funny lookin

i have an arc-one falcon with an auto singles in it. it wicked light, non adjustable shade and small viewing area. i burned my eyes more than you would like to think using that one..... but its light...lol

soon, i will be able to give a comparison on the elite hood from longevity for you
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

Thanks Stan. I think Ill probably go with the Miller Elite or of course the Longevity model (Ill wait to hear what you think). I think the big window is something that sounds appealing after using my Harbor Freight model all this time.....

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

Quote Originally Posted by SICFabrications View Post
    sorry, taun. just lookin over old posts and saw this one that i didnt answer to... i have 0 experience with longevity lids, but have used tons of others. the jackson nexgen, miller elite, speedglass9100 are all 3 $300+ lids. this is what i like and dislike about each one.

jackson imo has the most durable lens. high and low temps both the jackson seems to be the least affected. the throat guard is short and also not big enough in general. the head gear sux too

miller's elite is the lightest and largest window. what i truly LOVE about it is this... im kinda a tall fella and the miller hoods have a longer throat guard (meaning i dont get nuclear sunburns on my adam's apple) the head gear is wonderful, and the actual hood itself extends back around my big head so as to block light at my peripherals too. i own 2 elite hoods both analog and digital, and these are the ones that i reach for 99% of the time

speedglass is heavy, and they have a real wide viewing lens, i see too much of the work and get lost as to where the weld seam is. i got hit head on by a drunk driver back in '98 and heavy hoods are a real pain in my neck, even after all this time

fibre-metal <----- boooooooooo, me no likey. too heavy, bulky and funny lookin

i have an arc-one falcon with an auto singles in it. it wicked light, non adjustable shade and small viewing area. i burned my eyes more than you would like to think using that one..... but its light...lol

soon, i will be able to give a comparison on the elite hood from longevity for you
    Did you ever get the helmet and did you like it?
    Weldall 200PI, Longevity Pro auto-darkening hemet, HF 120amp stick welder (retired), Quincy 60 gallon 5hp air compressor, Iron Mike power hack saw, HF 42144 3-in-1 , 20 ton press, and a screw driver but I'm not sure where I left it...

Good choice, I recently upgraded to a new Elite and like it a lot. I just wish that it had night vision and a laser weld puddle tracking system

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

oops
    "Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the only one that can be mass-produced with unskilled labor"
    Apollo 11 W.V. Braun

Have ForceCut80I, Precision TIG 185, Ideal Arc 250, Oxy-Acetylene, Tig welding Chamber, 14 Ton pipe bender, 20 Ton press, Electric sheet metal shear, 12 inch- 0.125 Shear, 12 inch Metal Band Saw, Power Hack Saw, Abrasive Chop Saws, 2 Mills, 5 Lathes, and lots of other items

tomsign
    Stan you pretty much hit it with the Jackson/Miller, I have both if they could combine the two there would be a hood!
    I still have a hard time with the Miller just doesn't fill right, (so I always go for my Jackson) but love the works on the Miller and So I purcheased an extra Miller band to retro my Jacson with it.
    My Jackson is the old EQC Executive, but it does not like anything to do with Flouescent lighting, Miller just doesn't care and always works, I always run as dark as posible, just got used to it, but of course I wear reading glasses under the sheld, (you know old age creaping up)