FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Creating custom Avatar (thanks to Kelpike)

Creating custom Avatar (thanks to Kelpike)

Directly from Kelpike's great post, thanks Kelpike;

I found a simple way to create an Avatar. Go to this website: Create Avatar , In the number one box, just click "Browse", then choose the photo from your computer. You can leave the max setting at 200 pixels, then just click resize. You will get 3 pics to choose from. Just save the resized photo to your computer and add it as your avatar on the forum. Hope this helps.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

I did mine manually this site seems like it would be a lot easier.
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

It's actually even easier than it sounds in my description. I may have over explained it a little, I just wanted to make sure everyone would understand. I leave a shortcut on my desktop so anytime I need one, it's easy to get to.

Do i have a avatar? I dont even know what it is? Is it the little pic next to ur name i guess does mine show up anyone? I want make sure i have one when i go to qualify for MR. 200 pi

Quote Originally Posted by bradler451 View Post
    Do i have a avatar? I dont even know what it is? Is it the little pic next to ur name i guess does mine show up anyone? I want make sure i have one when i go to qualify for MR. 200 pi
    You have one. it is the little photo next to your name.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80

where do i put a signature? don't find anyplace to put one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred8033 View Post
    where do i put a signature? don't find anyplace to put one.
    Open the User CP at the nav bar top left. There is a place to edit the signature there.

Atlas 10x36" lathe

Shrinking Pics For Avatars.

If you go to MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities. and download "ShrinkPic" which is absolutely free. It runs in the background and shrinks all your pics to fit most forum formats.
    200 amp Arc Welder
    Oxy Acetylene Gas Set
    9" Angle grinder
    Swiss Army knife

Pretty much EVERY computer has the program PAINT! Open your photos in Paint, Click on IMAGE and select RESIZE/SKEW.
    A small window will appear, all you care about is RESIZE not Skew. Change the 100% in both boxes to whatever percent of 100 that you would like.
    Depending on the size of your original, start with 75% or 50% 0r 25% or 64 or 33% for that matter.
    Whatever percentage you put in the Horizontal Box, put the Same in the Vertical Box
    Play with it untill your happy with it, then Select FILE - SAVE AS, then just ad an A or sm (for small) to the end of the original file name.
    This will leave your original untouched and your new smaller version will be easily idetifiable.

Hope this helps.

Aaron
    LINCOLN ELECTRIC WELD PAK - 3200HD
    THERMAL DYNAMICS PAK MASTER 38XL
    HARRIS OXY/ACET.