FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rebuild of my EJ 25

Real nice man real nice !

Is that a boxster engine my friend are into subarus he has a 2.5rs very niceee!!! Looks good!!!

Bueno for welcoming me!

Hello everyone, thanks for welcoming me to these forums. If you get a chance check out my blog at: Carmen Juarez's Site, This is my first try at blogging but I think it looks pretty good!
    Sittin in the morning sun...sippin hires.

Subies are great little engines. I have the EJ20 turbo that's destined to replace a Lycoming O-320 for our Osprey 2 amphibian project. We ran some headers, eliminated the exhaust system altogether(it's a pusher after all) except for a SuperTrapp Disc only muffler, eliminated the power steering system and the A/C system, installed an underdrive pulley and made a new "ram air" intake to eliminate the stock airbox. I had to machine a special adapter to properly tension the alternator since the typical serpentine pulley was gone. I am anticipating quite a power boost over stock, but really only modded it that way to cut weight and improve breathing at altitude. These little engines clean up real nicely once you trim the fat. The radiator was ditched in order to run two A/C evaporator cores instead which reduces weight and cuts the large frontal plate out of the picture all while providing more than adequate cooling.
    Longevity Weldall 200PI
    Husky 5.5HP(1.7HP) 32 gallon oilless compressor
    Shoptask Shopmaster Eldorado Combo Mill/Drill/Lathe with DRO and inop CNC
    48" Pan and Box brake
    Gottrikes.com tube bender under construction
    About 1 million misc. tools

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCHampton View Post
    Hello everyone, thanks for welcoming me to these forums. If you get a chance check out my blog at: Carmen Juarez's Site, This is my first try at blogging but I think it looks pretty good!
    Hello and WELCOME!! You should put a post up introducing yourself in the new members category.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Quote Originally Posted by DrCHampton View Post
    Hi DrCHampton and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, check out for the contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Can you turbo charge that thing?
    I can't finish a project before I start a new one...an addiction to say the least

Currently own: Hobart Handler 140
    Looking to purchase Longevity MIG and TIG after I get back from this deployment

Nice work, I have to get an bigger work shop so I can play when its raining
    "Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the only one that can be mass-produced with unskilled labor"
    Apollo 11 W.V. Braun

Have ForceCut80I, Precision TIG 185, Ideal Arc 250, Oxy-Acetylene, Tig welding Chamber, 14 Ton pipe bender, 20 Ton press, Electric sheet metal shear, 12 inch- 0.125 Shear, 12 inch Metal Band Saw, Power Hack Saw, Abrasive Chop Saws, 2 Mills, 5 Lathes, and lots of other items

Really nice work.
    Millermatic 180 auto set
    Oxy Propane