FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tungstens, cups, and material

If your going to post deffinitions of tungsten the least you can do is do all the types.

Well I did not know what the differences were between the different types that you listed so I did a search so I would know. Then I thought I would pass the info I found here so that others like me will learn. Sorry I only listed those that you listed in your first post. One site didn't list any others either

So with that I will let you lead the way by educating us on the other types.

Quote Originally Posted by junes View Post
    If your going to post deffinitions of tungsten the least you can do is do all the types.
    Junes, chill dude.
    Everyone should have the opportunity to add something if they feel like it is worthwhile. And it was, whether it's important to you or not.

Let's all try and get along.

Clay

I was being sarcastic there buddy no worries. Those are the exotic crazy expensive tungsten. They are cryrogenically treated differnent percentages of thoriated and zirc stuff that's not used unless your in a lab.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Tri-mix is ivory colored
    cryo-t is manly pink
    2% lanthanated is blue
    zirconiated is brown.
    There's a few other old school ones I heard of but I'm pretty sure they don't even make them anymore. But these are the comercaialy avaliable ones but they do
    make custom blends.

Junes,

From your earlier post you list the following:

"cryo-t is manly pink"

I'm trying to learn as much as I can here, and I just have to ask, what the heck is "manly pink"???? eek2icon

tking

that chart is awesome. I'm saving for an arc-mate LT200D and I'm going to need this chart!

I really like it too.

Art R.
    Cheers,
    Art R.

Longevity LS200-PI multi-purpose cutter/welder,
    Miller 180 Auto-Set MIG,
    Custom 5hp compressor,

Nice chart.

Watch your cups!! I was trying to TIG today and the arc wondering. After a check I found that the cup was not centered with the tungston. This was not a new cup, I had used it before, and didf not notice anyihing. Go figure???
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

you could add the size filler rod per material thickness in another column.

or is it there and i missed it? haha

GDay All,

I'd like to add a small point, if you are using an inverter type machine, you should NOT use pure tungsten electrodes. Instead, use 2% Ceriated electrodes.

In most cases, 2% Ceriated can be used for steel and aluminium (aluminum).