FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: My MMA 140 :(

Thanks

My MMA 140 :(

I recieved an MMA 140 from Longevity Nearly a year ago. I had used this machine for a few demos and a few projects around the house. I really liked the size and capabilities of that lunchbox sized machine.

I recently went on a outage at a papermill with a good friend of mine and long term welding partner. I told him about the "Chinese" machine and he wanted to see it. So when the job was over he stopped on the way back to spend a little time here. We set the machine up and we burned about 10 or 15 rods with it and we went back and forth looking at each others welds. Never once did we fault the machine for one of our welds looking worse than the others.

Recently he stopped by to visit and I gave him the machine, he was grinnin pretty wide. I recently talked to him and he has used it and said it welds great. He only noted the difficulty in striking an arc on rusty metal (there is slighly lower OCV than on an industrial machine). This guy is pretty talented see the cannon he built from scratch and junkyard parts. http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/cannon/Cannon.html .

Anyway, I think this machine is a great deal for the price. I purchased an LC416D so was able to give up the MMA 140 but cant deny that I miss the light weight and portablity of it compared to the whopping 28 lbs for the 416

Images
    Thanks
    A frend of mine made a cannon as well. He bought the barrel from some company in Al. A juice can just fit in the barrel. He filled the juice can with concreat(allowed it to set), loaded the cannon with a dobble charge and fired away. The cheak peaces broke and the barrel became seperated. After a rebuild he sucessfuly fired the cannon. He passed away 8 years ago. The cannon still sits in the front yard.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Thanks
    This one shoots a 1LB lead ball. He found a mold that fit the bore perfectly. I gotta get back up to shoot it. He also has a 50cal now that I need to try out.

The link that you have posted is not active but I am really interested in seeing the cannon. Let me know if it is posted again. Thanks.
    Sincerely,

LONGEVITY SALES
    Jesse V. - Sales Representative
    Web: www.longevity-inc.com
    Phone: 877-566-4462 ext: 202
    Email: jesse.v@longevity-inc.com

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaustin View Post
    This one shoots a 1LB lead ball. He found a mold that fit the bore perfectly. I gotta get back up to shoot it. He also has a 50cal now that I need to try out.
    My friend had a Boyse 75 cal Anti-Tank gun(when it was LEGAL) This gun is shot laying down, when I shot it I weighed 200 lb and it moved me back about 10 inches! Even with ear protection, my ears rang for a week.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Images
    Thanks
    OK... I had to go look it up !

The Boys anti-tank rifle looks like a real kick !

Lol !

I NEED one !

I think maybe all that stuff is still legal, just costs a fortune for the licensing.

Charleton heston had one heck of a gun collection that I saw pics of somewhere...

rc
    Longevity Stickweld 140 Lunchbox Baby!
    Redi Arc & Craftsman AC boxes
    200P 3 in 1
    Harris gages/Victor & Smiths torches
    101.07301 project
    Large pile of saws & drills
    Wheel barrow full a sanders N' grinders
    truckloads of woodworking tools
    the paint pumps, ladders and stuff
    rock n mud tools & plumbin stuff
    Lapidary thangs
    mekanik tools
    & I am a pathological liar and functional illiterate.

www.longevity-inc.com LONGEVITY's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    We do have a StickWeld 140 which replaced your older model. The price is pretty good and it is super light weight!

LONGEVITY StickWeld 140 AMP Stick Arc Welder 110/220v Dual Voltage
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Images
    Thanks
    You can own nearly anything you want, assuming you're not a convicted felon, and can set up a trust / llc to own the weapon. (Varies heavily state to state.) There's a range not 50 minutes from here that charges by the round for full auto. ^_^

A dear friend of mine in Kentucky hangs his .50 Cal over his bar and leaves the blinds open. Not once has he had a break in.

Another good friend near Miami had a home invasion while finalizing a media deal with one of his clients. He booted the 1st guy in the face back down the stairs, toppling the other two. Then decided to jump from the top step and plant his knee in the top offender's wedding tackle. (It popped). When the Sheriff arrived he asked if arresting them was really fair, considering all they'd been through.
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LONGEVITY-SALES View Post
    The link that you have posted is not active but I am really interested in seeing the cannon. Let me know if it is posted again. Thanks.

Here is the link. I had moved some things and sold the old domain .

http://weldingdata.com/cannon/Cannon.html

And as far as I know, the MMA 140 is still kickin.