PDA
View Full Version :

Help

colocwboy
12-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I just purchased a super 160p wired up plug for 220v I get power to my unit but get no arc on mma, plasma or tig. any answere's?

Gadget
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
I may be asking the obvious but did you set your current. Try adjusting the base current, and other current settings up. Does the amperage indicator show the increase.
Also, if you have your pedal connected that will overide the current settings on the unit. Depress the pedal and see if the current meter increases.
Make sure you have your ground in the positive socket and your electrode in the negative.
Also, you must have the gas line connected for plasma and TIG. That is what the current rides on.
If that fails, call Simon at Longevity. He can assist and if need be arrange a replacement.
Gadget

colocwboy
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes the amperage adjustment increases and decreases with the knob gas is hooked up I can't even get the stick welder to arc I talked to simon today he is going to talk to the engineering dept. I may have to replace the unit. I am getting 110v on both legs of the 220 plug i changed the power cord to a longer one with heaver wire the original was not long enough. any other suggestions would be helpful.

Gadget
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
I sent you a
PM C

colocwboy
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry gadget but what is a PM C

colocwboy
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
I just figured it out and read it and sent a reply.