PDA
View Full Version :

Parts info for MP250

Rlnelson5
11-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Posted this in Mig section as well I need the drive rollers for steel mig wire rollers for a MP 250 / Tried sending email and phone to Longevity but have gotten no response. I am including some info from the web
To prevent birdnestingóa tangle of wire that halts the wire from being fedóduring FCAW welding, always use knurled V- or U-groove drive rolls in your wire feeder. Compared to a GMAW solid welding wire (which uses a smooth V-groove drive roll), FCAW wire is much softer (due to its tubular design) and if you use the incorrect drive roll, it can easily compress the wire
.So this is basically what I came to understand as far as matching drive rolls with wire.

V-Groved rolls are for hard wire. Steel
U-Groved rolls are for soft and soft shelled corded wires. Aluminum
U-Cogged rolls are for extremely soft shelled (usually hard surfacing types).
V-Knurled rolls are for hard shelled corded wires. Flux core
So What I need is the part numbers for the V groove steel wire rollers with .06 .08mm and 1.0 1.2mm
And where to get them/ And a parts manual would be nice at least for the drive system .
Thanks

Rlnelson5
11-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Sorry made mistake on wire sizes Wire sizes should be .08 and 1.0mm and 1.2 and 1.6mm Thanks

Gadget
11-18-2015, 06:54 AM
I have a set of new rollers that might fit. I'll have to check to see whether the groove is U or V. Can you post a photo of your rollers and give dimensions? If mine will work you can have them for the shipping cost.
Re-reading your post it sounds like you don't have any rollers to measure. If that's the case measure the hole for the shaft and the distance from the shaft to the pinch roller as well as the length of the mounting shaft.
When I get a chance, I'll take a photo of the rollers I have and post them here with dimensions so you can see if they will work for you.

Rlnelson5
11-18-2015, 05:29 PM
hello Gadget for that!!!!actually have already measured them. I actually got a response from Topwell who actually makes the welders in China. The rollers are available and are not bad at 20 for each set but 100 dollars for shipping!!!!! The rollers that I have are for aluminum and say A1.0 on one side and A 1.2 on the other side. The dimensions are 30 mm od 9.95mm id 12 mm wide 2 drive pins 24mm apart 2 wire sizes A1.0 and A1.2. I might have a lead with Longevity as I actually got through on live chat. I am supposed to be called by Jessie tomorrow. They really should have these roller drives in the accessories section as you are supposed to match the wire type and diameter and if they are advertising that this welder can do all welds they should have the equipment to do so. If you look at Miller or Lincoln web sites drive rollers are in the same section as liners and tips

Gadget
11-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I'll measure mine tomorrow. It sounds close but there are no holes for drive pins but rather a key way. Mine are .6 and .8, 1.0 and .8, and 1.2 and 1.6 if I recall correctly. None of them have the A designation. Measure the grooves from the side to the groove, they will have to track in the same place. Drive pin holes might not be a problem depending on the hardness of the rollers.

Rlnelson5
11-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Ok Well I am assuming the A stands for Aluminum Perhaps since steel is the default metal there will be no designation? Can you see the grooves and see if they have a sharp V groove.
I get about 3.6 mm or so from edge of roller to edge of groove 12 mm total width

Gadget
11-19-2015, 07:12 AM
The rollers I have are 40MM diameter so they won't work, sorry.