PDA
View Full Version :

OK, where is my order Longevity?

Blademaker
01-06-2015, 12:14 AM
I place an order back in Nov. for a Stickweld 315. The website list it as "in stock" So if it's "in stock" why has my order status not changed from "pre-order" to "shipped"? I've been patient, I figured with the holidays they let everybody home to there families. The holidays are over, where's my order? I know they got a shipment in and have to test everything, but how about a status change to at least "pending" or "pre-ship" or something to let me know I've not been forgotten? I've got a week left on the water and when I get home I'll have ordered the machine 49 days ago. I was told it'd take about 4 weeks when I ordered it to ship.

The lack of information is starting to get on my nerves. I really want to give the 315 a work out when I get home, but I may wind up having to call and cancel if there going to drag out shipping and go buy a lincoln idealarc. I need a decent welder and the old cracker boxes just don't cut it.

johnb1014
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
I place an order back in Nov. for a Stickweld 315. The website list it as "in stock" So if it's "in stock" why has my order status not changed from "pre-order" to "shipped"? I've been patient, I figured with the holidays they let everybody home to there families. The holidays are over, where's my order? I know they got a shipment in and have to test everything, but how about a status change to at least "pending" or "pre-ship" or something to let me know I've not been forgotten? I've got a week left on the water and when I get home I'll have ordered the machine 49 days ago. I was told it'd take about 4 weeks when I ordered it to ship.

The lack of information is starting to get on my nerves. I really want to give the 315 a work out when I get home, but I may wind up having to call and cancel if there going to drag out shipping and go buy a lincoln idealarc. I need a decent welder and the old cracker boxes just don't cut it.

Hi Blademaker,

Thanks so much for your patience and we have not forgotten about you. We have experienced a delay in the arrival of the 315's. Expected delivery of these machines are scheduled for 3/30. Please give us a call or email us for more details.

Blademaker
01-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. If there's been a delay, then why is your website still listing them as "in stock''? An error?

Thanks,

Will

Blademaker
01-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Ok, I've thought about and much as it pains me, I need to cancel my order for a 315 Stickweld. I really like the design and features, but there's no way I can wait another 3 months for a decent welder. I've decided on a Lincoln Invertec 275, nice machine and should do the job, though I prefere the design and features of the 315 stickweld.

Especially after waiting 6 weeks as is, and being told 4 weeks when I ordered it. The real kicker is the lack of information and updates. Makes me wonder how long any warrenty work would take. And the website still list it as ''In Stock''. ''In Stock'' means to me that it's in stock and ready to be shipped in a few days.

I'm not a proffessional welder anymore, but I need a decent macine and with me working 28 days at a time overseas I've got a limited time to get stuff done when I'm home.

I've sent a message via your website, but in case it doesn't go through my order number is 100005798 ordered by William Courtney.

Blademaker
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Still showing on Longevity's website that my order is ''pre-order'', not cancelled. I've emailed Longevity, left a message with ''Mike the welder'' and PM'd Johnb1014. I wish to cancel my order and get my funds back.

Thank you,

William

johnb1014
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Still showing on Longevity's website that my order is ''pre-order'', not cancelled. I've emailed Longevity, left a message with ''Mike the welder'' and PM'd Johnb1014. I wish to cancel my order and get my funds back.

Thank you,

William

William,

Your cancellation is being processed and funds should be back to you within 48-72 hours.

Thank you,

John

Blademaker
01-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks John, good to hear.

Blademaker
01-16-2015, 06:33 AM
OK, been a week and order is still showing "pre-order" and funds have not been returned. This is the kind of customer service that makes me glad I went with a lincoln.

kc0kfg
01-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Im sorry you had such an issue with Customer service, speking for my self I have nevre had any issues with them the one time I had to call, one thing I would like nothed is the fact that tis tread is here, many many companys remove negitive postings when they can.

Blademaker
01-17-2015, 04:32 PM
You have a point there kc0kfg, still the mater stands that it has not been resolved. Seems to me Longevity has a decent product, but either they need to get someone who can handle customer service better or there going to get a bad reputation. Me personally a simple email letting me know what's going on goes a long, long way. One issue is all attempts to contact the company has fail or met with "OK, I'll take care of it" I should not have to post negative comments on there forum to get a response. The biggest issue is the lag time waiting on the product, OK I do understand shipping issues and such, but I waited for over a month with no idea it was going to be another 3 month wait. Again a simple email would have solved the issue.

I still think Longevity has got a decent product and has potential, but poor customer service has ruined more than one company in the past. I hope Longevity doesn't follow that path.

LONGEVITY
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Hi Blademaker,

I apologize for the delays in the product wait time and the order. Unfortunately, we cannot turn the past around, but I can assure you that your next purchase if you make one we will give you the attention you deserve. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and no less.