PDA
View Full Version :

Stickweld 315 delivery date?

Blademaker
12-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Any idea when the Stickweld 315 will be availible? Looking forward to trying it out and replacing the old lincoln cracker box.

Thanks

Gadget
12-23-2014, 04:29 AM
Hi Blademaker and welcome to the forum.
Dan

Blademaker
12-23-2014, 04:44 AM
Thanks, currently working overseas with limited bandwidth, or I might be posting a bit more. Not to mention lack of sleep.

Also, meant to ask, I see there now listed as "in stock", and also list as 3 phase. I really hope it runs good on single phase as that's all I've got in my shop, and all that most people in a 100 miles of me has got. I ordered it over the phone and there was no mention of it being 3 phase. Don't remember seeing it on the website either. I originally came across Longevity by looking at Home Depot online and they listed the 315, bud didn't have any in stock. Home Depot doesn't say anything about needing 3 phase either.

Anyway, been getting by with a 45 year old Foney AC machine for a while, but it's a real pain every time I have to do much more than light stuff. It's in bad enough shape that I borrowed my father's old Lincoln AC/DC tombstone cracker box and it's like going to a big commercial unit after welding for so long on the old Foney. Of course it's the same machine I've built a couple of trailers for my father 15 years ago and it was a poor machine then. Neither machine will run a 1/8" 7018. Can't wait to try out the 315, hoping it'll be waiting on me when I get back stateside.

Gadget
12-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Here's a screenshot of the Spec's page in the 315 manual. Looks like single phase.

Blademaker
12-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks, just got word from Mike ''the welder'' live chat and when wiring just leave the red wire off.

I'm pretty much brand new to inverter/computer driven welders, was trained on transformer machines and used them for years, haven't worked as a welder in years either, so am out of date on tech.