PDA
View Full Version :

LS 160 Tig Video Up!!!

cracer250
02-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Here is one sample I made of the Tig function on my LS 160. This is AC mode, 1/8" Aluminum! There are 3 beads. The two on the outside are with no filler, the one in the middle is a butt weld with 4043 filler. Listen to the High Frequency AC buzz! By the way, all 10N Radnor or similar consumables fit the WP-17 Tig Torch.

S7roaNrpIyc

Gadget
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Details Cracer,
What size electrode, cup, filler rod and other settings. I have been successful welding aluminum but am still learning and it might be helpful to know what worked for you.

Gadget

cracer250
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Use Ceriated (orange), 3/32, number 5-7 radnor nozzle, 3/32 radnor collet. Grind the tungsten to a pencil type point and dull the end slightly. Pre-flow at 1.5, post at 4-6, clean width at 50%, down-slope at about 3-5 seconds. The main thing with running aluminum is prep. You need to make sure the area being welded is clean. No oil or other things. You need to brush it with a stainless brush to remove the oxidation. Aluminum will oxidize very quickly. Then, LOTS of practice. It takes a long time to get used to how aluminum acts. Keep the area covered with Argon until the post flow quits. If you have any oily contamination you will know quickly.