PDA
View Full Version :

New 40D Ordered Do I need a Cord?

wmgeorge
10-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Like the title says, I have a new ForceCut 40D ordered. Pictures and info kind of sketchy or maybe things change to fast. Does it come with a 120 volt power cord installed and a 220 adapter cable like the Eastwood? Do I just need to go out and buy the 220 volt cord and plug and plan on wiring it myself?

I downloaded the new revised PDF manual for the machine and it shows a 5 Year Warranty parts and labor no shipping is this true? I ordered the machine from Amazon and was amazed at how fast it was shipped, ordered yesterday, shipped yesterday the 9th and here in Iowa on the 11th which I don't really believe will happen.

Had a Eastwood in the past, early model and it worked fine but sometimes I could not get a arc started. I've been reading the reviews on this Longevity and I'm impressed.

Gadget
10-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. The manuals have been going through an update and I don't know if the manual for that unit is the updated one or not. The nice folks at Longevity will need to answer the warranty question. Some units are 5 years and some are 1year. I'll send Simon an email so he can respond.
Dan

wmgeorge
10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
So does it come with a wired 220 volt cord and plug or what?

LONGEVITY
10-10-2013, 02:05 PM
So does it come with a wired 220 volt cord and plug or what?

Hi George,

The warranty for the ForceCut 40D is one year parts and labor. For the ForceCut 42i it is 5 years. I am checking the manuals to see where the error is in terms of the warranties. All ForceCut 40D, 50D, WeldMax 164i, 205i, 250i, and WeldAll models have been a 1 year warranty.

You can purchase an additional warranty for them if you like. The unit comes with a 220v power cord plug on it a NEMA 50 and an adapter to go to 110v.

wmgeorge
10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Well I got my new ForceCut 40D and in spite of the box looking like it had went through WW2 all was good inside. Yes the machine comes with a proper 220 volt welder plug molded to a heavy duty cable wired to the welder. It also comes with a very heavy duty 220 volt to 120 volt adapter cable all molded. A roll of clear tubing? A hand held face mask and chipping hammer are also included. Came with the spare tips and nozzles.

Took the cover off to inspect, good thing. Two minor things found. The LED amp display was unsnapped from one side of the holder and what looked like a insulator board that kept the front left screw for the rubber foot from touching the work lead hot. A simple snap and the LED readout was back in the holder and a little black silicone sealer was holding the insulator board back in place. Connecting the 1/4 inch air connection was a piece of cake. Just make sure to hold the air separator when you remove the barbed fitting to replace with the quick coupler. I used 3 wraps of Teflon tape then placed 2 1/2" SAE washers on the new coupler to help hold the air separator in place when it is tightened, do not get it overly tight, snug is fine. It will not leak with the Teflon tape.

After a little Pilot Error installing the tip and cone on the torch head :oops it tested fine on some test cuts. My torch is purple and has an extra multi pin connector on the machine end, in addition to the 2 wire cannon plug for the switch. If I could post pictures I would. All and all I am impressed. Did I mention this is my third plasma cutter? Oh and I am also a master electrician among other skilled trades. I was also pleasantly surprised to find by reading my printed manual that came with the machine it had the new Five year warranty. Going out again to make some smaller pieces of steel out of larger ones....

wmgeorge
10-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Follow up... went out and cut for about 10 minutes and thought I would give it a test on some rusty metal. My Eastwood I could never keep an arc going on rusty metal and I know it had HF start because I could hear it trying. Took some really rusted channel iron, I seem to never have much new stuff around. I did grind a clean spot off for the ground clamp, but nothing was done on the rust. This ForceCut started every time and cut it like butter. I did not hear any HF arcing anytime I was cutting anything. This machine is NOT a HF start as one would be lead to believe reading on this website. Its far better than I expected, I think the website people need to get the site updated to reflect what is really being shipped. Good job Longevity, great product!!

Gamble
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Well I got my new ForceCut 40D and in spite of the box looking like it had went through WW2 all was good inside. Yes the machine comes with a proper 220 volt welder plug molded to a heavy duty cable wired to the welder. It also comes with a very heavy duty 220 volt to 120 volt adapter cable all molded. A roll of clear tubing? A hand held face mask and chipping hammer are also included. Came with the spare tips and nozzles.

Took the cover off to inspect, good thing. Two minor things found. The LED amp display was unsnapped from one side of the holder and what looked like a insulator board that kept the front left screw for the rubber foot from touching the work lead hot. A simple snap and the LED readout was back in the holder and a little black silicone sealer was holding the insulator board back in place. Connecting the 1/4 inch air connection was a piece of cake. Just make sure to hold the air separator when you remove the barbed fitting to replace with the quick coupler. I used 3 wraps of Teflon tape then placed 2 1/2" SAE washers on the new coupler to help hold the air separator in place when it is tightened, do not get it overly tight, snug is fine. It will not leak with the Teflon tape.

After a little Pilot Error installing the tip and cone on the torch head :oops it tested fine on some test cuts. My torch is purple and has an extra multi pin connector on the machine end, in addition to the 2 wire cannon plug for the switch. If I could post pictures I would. All and all I am impressed. Did I mention this is my third plasma cutter? Oh and I am also a master electrician among other skilled trades. I was also pleasantly surprised to find by reading my printed manual that came with the machine it had the new Five year warranty. Going out again to make some smaller pieces of steel out of larger ones....

Follow up... went out and cut for about 10 minutes and thought I would give it a test on some rusty metal. My Eastwood I could never keep an arc going on rusty metal and I know it had HF start because I could hear it trying. Took some really rusted channel iron, I seem to never have much new stuff around. I did grind a clean spot off for the ground clamp, but nothing was done on the rust. This ForceCut started every time and cut it like butter. I did not hear any HF arcing anytime I was cutting anything. This machine is NOT a HF start as one would be lead to believe reading on this website. Its far better than I expected, I think the website people need to get the site updated to reflect what is really being shipped. Good job Longevity, great product!!

It's a 1 year warranty and its blow back.
S45 trafimet style torch. Great little cutter, I beat the crap out of mine and it kept cutting like a champ!