PDA
View Full Version :

Welding Cart

arandall
02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Previously, I noticed some people asking questions about carts to hold their new equipment. Attached for your interest, are some pictures of the cart I built to hold my Longevity LS200-P, my Miller 180, gas bottles, torches, ground clips etc.. I wanted the units positioned so the front panels were easy to see and access from a standing position, and so all the necessary ancillaries (torches, grounds, MIG pliers, regulators etc.) were right at hand. I built a selector manifold to switch from compressed air to Argon for the LS200-P. As well, I paralleled two 50amp 220v female receptacles on to one male, so that both units remain plugged into the cart. That way, all that's necessary is to plug the cart into the 220v supply, and both welders are ready (naturally, you can only use one at at time - but I've only got two arms anyway!). I used 300lb casters to be sure it could bear all the weight, and made sure the front casters locked to keep it in place. Of course, I'm still thinking of things to add to it - but all in good time.

Hopefully some of you will find this handy. - - Naturally it took me most of last summer's spare time to fabricate, when I should have been doing other things - but oh well!!

LONGEVITY
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Art,

Thanks for posting the pictures. The blue and blue definitely look good on your cart!

Longevity

KHK
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
looks realy good!! I like the angle of thr equipment gor east viewing of the fromt panels!

keith

Gadget
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Very nice work, thanks for posting. I am sure others will get some inspiration from your ideas.
Dan

strube1369
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks very well thought out!

svd
02-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Nice job! That is exactly what I have been looking for, so I could put the mig on also. I just ordered a single welder cart from Amazon. Should have it in a couple days. It is an ATD-7040 (advanced tool design).

henrym
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM
at first it looked pretty scary having the machines on such an angle, but I guess it makes sense. both units are easy to read and configure with minimal bending and squinting!

Good work! but it must be quite a handful to heave around none the less!

arandall
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Henrym:

You're right, it's heavy, but I made sure it had good wheels and casters, and that the weight was placed quite far inside the wheelbase, and with as much weight as possible as low as possible. You might be surprised how easy it is to maneuver, but you do need a good, clean floor though.

Art R.

THaynes33
03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Looks good. I see Goofy likes it too! Great idea. Tom

arandall
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Tom:

Yeah - I like to get Goofy's opinion on my projects - - I guess he and I think the same!!.

Art R.

technomitch
04-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Can't seem to "see" the pictures !!

Gadget
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Judging from the dates of the post, I think the pictures may have been lost when the forums had a hiccup in the early stages of development. There is nothing wrong with your browser or computer.
Dan

torqueman
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
That does look great. That kind of creative design is something I am lacking.

technomitch
04-23-2009, 07:33 AM
The angle of the equipment . . . Personal choice or what degrees ?? I angled mine at 22 degrees and made attachments for bungee cords. Used old bed frames to make mine.

kb3gun
04-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Looks sharp. I didn't angle mine as I work closer to the ground most of the time. Once I get a tig, I think I may borrow your design :D.

arandall
04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
The angle of the equipment . . . Personal choice or what degrees ?? I angled mine at 22 degrees and made attachments for bungee cords. Used old bed frames to make mine.

Techno:
Yeah - it was personal choice, but I just measured it, and it's 35degrees off horizontal.

Art R.

arandall
04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Looks sharp. I didn't angle mine as I work closer to the ground most of the time. Once I get a tig, I think I may borrow your design :D.

KB3gun:

Please feel free to borrow the design. I figure that's what this forum is all about.

Cheers,
Art R.

kb3gun
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks Art. I'm always finding new projects. Now I just need to find some time to go with them. If there were just a few more hours in the day...

technomitch
05-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I have my Welder, Plasma cutter and table mounted to a roll around plateform that came from a department store. Works so far, but getting it out of the small "shop" I have is a pain. I'll try and get pictures this weekend before the mod.

busdvr
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
It looks really nice, sure beats those store-bought tinny things doesn't it?
I've been rolling around some ideas for one myself.
Larry