PDA
View Full Version :

Tractor 3pt Field Crane

rhett
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
hi,
this is still a "Work In Progress" project, just posting to give ideas.
because of excessive stress loads, modifications are being made to weak points as found.
so far i've Bent the boom and broke the mast.
the 8 ton hand operated hydraulic jack will be eventually replaced by a 30 to 40 Ton tractor actuated hydraulic jack. also a completely new Heavy Duty version will be fabricated if or when moneys are available.

rhett
02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
pg2

rhett
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
these shots show the broken mast, then it repair with a couple a angle iron reinforcements
the last photo shows a bumper jack with "Crow Feet" and a Clevis Hook welded on for smaller lift jobs

Gadget
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Rhett,
It would be easier to see if you resized your photos to 640x480. You can do this easily with the image resizer for Windows XP availavle free at http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe (http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe)

The project looks cool though.

Dan

rhett
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks Dan,

I use Irfanview to edit photos, it is also Free. I just did not know the size of image to prevent the scrolling windows.
640x480 or smaller it shall be.

Rhett

KHK
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
rhett ;
I was raised in the city, but I have always been a country boy at hart. I am jelous of not having enough land to have a tractor!!

The crane looks good and I see that you can still use the engine puller part of the set up, very clever.

Gadget ;
Thanks for the tip on image resizer. I have loaded it and it is so easy to use!

keith

Gadget
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
640X480 will still get a vertical scroll but it is not too bad that way. The horizontal scroll is what makes things hard to view.

Dan

LONGEVITY
02-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Guys,

We got a new forum coming out soon. The forum will be different style than this so resizing and all that stuff hopefully will be past us.

Longevity