PDA
View Full Version :

promts 200

frans
02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Hello,
I am considering purchasing this multi unit. However I would like to check reviews and hear personal reports of people's experiences with the machine. Are there any videos or reports that are available?
Just kind of scared of buying such a machine.
thank you
frans

Gadget
02-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Not sure what unit you are referring to. What model are you interested in hearing about?

Cope
02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Not sure what unit you are referring to. What model are you interested in hearing about?
PROMTS-200 (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_311/Multi-Purpose-Units/ProMTS-200.php)

Gadget
02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Oh, must be a new unit. I looked under multifunction for promts not PROmts. Still, I can't help since I haven't used it.

undercut
02-04-2013, 12:08 AM
I haven't heard of any members having purchased this unit before, sorry.

WookieWelding
02-04-2013, 07:57 PM
I only saw the machine at fabtech on the table ....don't know anyone that has one
Maybe Simon can send me one and I WIll review it unbiased since I don't work for longevity and give it hell 8 hours day

Kevin Caron
02-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Would like to play with one myself...

My only worry with a multi machine is when one part breaks the whole machine goes down..

Like to know if this one is better....

LONGEVITY
02-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I only saw the machine at fabtech on the table ....don't know anyone that has one
Maybe Simon can send me one and I WIll review it unbiased since I don't work for longevity and give it hell 8 hours day

Wookie, sure, we got it approved to get you a unit, but we have to wait till the new models come in as we are sold out on the PROMTS200 units as well. Also, the new models will have a spool gun port and possibly be 110v as well.

Thanks for your patience and the offer to put it through the paces!

LONGEVITY
02-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Would like to play with one myself...

My only worry with a multi machine is when one part breaks the whole machine goes down..

Like to know if this one is better....

Kevin we already had one with your name on it for testing!

WookieWelding
02-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Wookie, sure, we got it approved to get you a unit, but we have to wait till the new models come in as we are sold out on the PROMTS200 units as well. Also, the new models will have a spool gun port and possibly be 110v as well.

Thanks for your patience and the offer to put it through the paces!
so the possibility of Dual Voltage ? that right there would be a huge selling point
which spool gun would work on it ?
Anytime i like to work machines hard and thanks for the chance to review it

frans
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. I look forward to learning more about it
-frans

WookieWelding
02-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. I look forward to learning more about it
-frans

when I get it in my hands i will do a thorough review

WookieWelding
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
when I get it in my hands i will do a thorough review
Will also be taking the promts 200 to the college to let the welding students play with it
already have two students that are interested in it

tigqk
02-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Looks like a new unit, I had a co-worker buy a miller multifunction unit at 200 amps and I thought the unit was grossly overpriced and was also a new introduction to the market recently and did not include the tig torch package, I have one of the longevity other multifunction units and what I like is the portability and flexibilty of have one power supply in one package.

undercut
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Looks like a new unit, I had a co-worker buy a miller multifunction unit at 200 amps and I thought the unit was grossly overpriced and was also a new introduction to the market recently and did not include the tig torch package, I have one of the longevity other multifunction units and what I like is the portability and flexibilty of have one power supply in one package.

Some MTS units are definitely overpriced. Hard to beat an MTS paired up with a spool gun though for flexibility.

WookieWelding
03-14-2013, 12:32 AM
So any word on if they have come over on the boat and are stateside ? dual voltage with spool gun ?????

Simon ???

LONGEVITY
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
So any word on if they have come over on the boat and are stateside ? dual voltage with spool gun ?????

Simon ???

Hi Guys

Yes, an update is coming soon on these. We are expecting them shortly and production is complete. We will update with more details, a spool gun option has been added. Also, finger amp control.

WookieWelding
04-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Hi Guys

Yes, an update is coming soon on these. We are expecting them shortly and production is complete. We will update with more details, a spool gun option has been added. Also, finger amp control.
cool so single voltage ?
spool gun and finger amp control will be nice additions to it

frans
04-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I just talked to a sales rep and he said in about 2 months the pro mts 200 will be available (the new one). Single voltage, spool gun ready. So I will wait until then before making my purchase. I am also looking at the force cut 42i. Just wish both machines were dual voltage...
thanks
frans