PDA
View Full Version :

MigWeld 140

steelpix
12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm new t the forum. I currently use a cheap Harbor Freight mig welder (got it for $89.00 several years ago). I'm interested in upgrading to the 140 as it look like good bang for the buck compared to the Hobart.

Would I see a differance in performance? Also, what is the story on the 30 day return policy? If I don't like it, can I return it for a full refund?

Here is a link to my Ultralight craft I built and welded:

Paramotor Trike Falconstein - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMLM8YjIJ54)

Regards,
Ron

Gadget
12-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Ron and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good.
I'll let the folks at Longevity answer your question, I don't have a MIG so I can't give any insight.
Dan

undercut
12-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Ron.

Nathan Stiltner
12-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Welcome to longevity steelpix.

WookieWelding
12-29-2012, 02:07 AM
which HF mig do you have ?

steelpix
12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
WookieWielding,
It is a HF 90 Amp Flux Wire Welder.

WookieWelding
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
WookieWielding,
It is a HF 90 Amp Flux Wire Welder.
any machine is better than that AC flux welder
flux wire is not designed to run on AC
flux wire runs on DC not AC

steelpix
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Wookie,
Thx for the info. Like I said I'm very new to welding (two years now), so any tips I can garner is great. My first post up above shows an ultralight I built with the HF welder.
Right now I'm looking at the Longevity Migweld 140 and the Eastwood Mig 135. The Eastwood and the Longevity looks almost exact to each other.

Nathan Stiltner
12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Wookie,
Thx for the info. Like I said I'm very new to welding (two years now), so any tips I can garner is great. My first post up above shows an ultralight I built with the HF welder.
Right now I'm looking at the Longevity Migweld 140 and the Eastwood Mig 135. The Eastwood and the Longevity looks almost exact to each other.

Steelpix. If you go on the main longevity page and read up on the company's history and their machines, you will learn about the (look a likes) and the differences in the manufacturing and quality of workmanship that goes into longevitys products. I thought the same thing when I started comparing and deciding on a new welder. Hope this helps you.

steelpix
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I bit the bullet and ordered the Migweld 140. It will be a nice upgrade for me from the Harbor Freight 90 amp welder, plus it will be DC rather the AC. I'll have more control over the amps. I like the idea that down the road I'll be able to try my hand out with aluminium welding if I decide to get the spool gun later.

I'm also looking forward to buying gas and hooking it up. Never did that before, just flux core welding. I really appreciate the videos that Longivity puts out. They really seem to try and be fair.

Nathan Stiltner
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
You will like it. I couldn't believe years ago when I first got my c25 and changed over from flux core. Night and day difference. Flux core has its place, but steel wire mig is where it's at. Congrats on your purchase. Be sure to upload some pics.

Old Timer
07-29-2013, 02:59 PM
How is that MigWeld140 working for you? Did you get the SpoolGun too? With it you can weld aluminum! I own this setup too and mine has worked great so far.

Gamble
07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I have it. Lets see your aluminum welds?