PDA
View Full Version :

Longevity customer service

Cope
12-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I found this over at weldingweb.com.

Problem with 256pi - WeldingWeb™ - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts (http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=203821)

WookieWelding
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
I saw that too with no replies

Gadget
12-14-2012, 02:11 PM
The thread had a reply by Longevity, here is the user response to the support given.

"Wow talk about great customer service. Just got off the phone with Longevity, they're going to send me a brand new unit as soon as I email them the tracking # of my old unit. That is by far the best customer service I've ever witnessed. Longevity you may have just won a customer for life."

WookieWelding
12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
now thats customer service at its finest

bames
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Hoping for a quick turnaround for a similar issue with my 256PI. The unit has been great for the last year. Unfortunately over the weekend, the plasma quit working. Press the button, Air flows, HF sparks, but no pilot arc. Called Tech support, but could not diagnose it over the phone. Everything points to lack of DC power at the torch while in cut mode. Obtained RMA and the unit is now in transit back to CA. Thankfully I purchased before the warranty period was downgraded to 1 year.

Gadget
01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Hoping for a quick turnaround for a similar issue with my 256PI. The unit has been great for the last year. Unfortunately over the weekend, the plasma quit working. Press the button, Air flows, HF sparks, but no pilot arc. Called Tech support, but could not diagnose it over the phone. Everything points to lack of DC power at the torch while in cut mode. Obtained RMA and the unit is now in transit back to CA. Thankfully I purchased before the warranty period was downgraded to 1 year.

Hi Bames and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, be sure to enter the latest contest. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good.
Dan

Nathan Stiltner
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Bames.

bames
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages. I have actually been around here since I purchased my 256, just never posted anything yet. I do have some pictures from some of my recent projects, most recently the cnc plasma build. It is still a work in process, but then again so are most of my projects. Well back to the garage to get the borrowed Hypertherm hooked up to finish my current project.

Nathan Stiltner
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Cool. Throw some pics of your work on here. Everybody here likes seeing each others work.

undercut
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum bames.

WookieWelding
01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
hopefully your machine is a quick fix

bames
01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Well, it looks as though my machine wasn't worth fixing. Longevity is sending a new unit out tomorrow. Not sure what actually failed on the original, but Longevity is standing by their warranty and replacing the unit. It took a bit longer than I was expecting, but in all I am happy to have a replacement on the way. I doubt the return time would have been any shorter with any other brand, but I am impatient at times. Can't wait to get the unit hooked up and running again.

WookieWelding
01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Awesome that they set you up with good service
are they sending the same type of unit back to you ?

bames
01-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Yes, it is another 256pi. It still has 4 years of warranty left, so if I have future problems i am still covered. I am disappointed in the fact that the unit quit working, but happy with the way it was resolved. Definitely still pleased that I purchased a Longevity versus some other brand without the support / warranty.

WookieWelding
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
so with the new unit wouldn't the warranty start over ? since you now have a new unit
I never read the warranty terms

bames
01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I didn't think so, but I will ask now that you mention it. I hope it doesn't, as this unit was downgraded from a 5 year to a 1 year warranty after I purchased mine. I hope they will continue to honor the warranty from the first unit, as those were the terms in which the purchase was made. Since I didn't have control over their decision to replace versus fix, I will ask that they honor the original warranty terms.

WookieWelding
01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
keep us posted i am curious also how that works out

bames
01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Will do. I just sent Tammy an email, so I should have an answer tomorrow.

bames
01-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Guess I should have looked at the terms and policy page before bugging Tammy. From the excerpt below, the warranty period is continued from the original purchase date for units that are repaired or replaced. Looks like the math in the statement doesn't add up (5 year warranty - 2 years of use should leave 3 years on the warranty not 1), but it clearly states that the warranty is from the original purchase date. I will let you know if the outcome of my question is any different, but it looks like I will still have 4 years on the warranty.

"The repaired or replaced product is covered for the remainder of your warranty period from the initial purchase date. Example: If you purchased a plasma cutter with a 5-Year warranty and you you’re your unit for repair after two years, you will still have one 1-Year on your warranty period. Longevity™ Global, Inc will cover the shipping charges (both ways though our shipping account) if repaired or replaced product is not functioning properly or is faulty for 30 days after the confirmed delivery day of your replacement shipment. Certain items that are subject to normal wear and tear are specifically excluded from this warranty. We shall not be responsible for faulty installation, operation or maintenance of the product and as such we recommend installation, assembly, repair and maintenance only by certified and qualified professionals. We reserve the right to require proof of same before honoring any parts warranty replacement/repair. Damage resulting from failure to use the product in a manner consistent with our/manufacturer’s recommendations shall render the limited warranty void. This limited warranty specifically excludes any consequential and/or incidental damages. "

WookieWelding
01-29-2013, 07:56 PM
yah that math does not add up
it would be 3 years left on warranty with the example they gave

bames
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
The warranty period is continued from the original purchase date. So I get a new welder and the warranty clock did not reset. Which in this case is a good thing, as the warranty terms changed after my purchase.

WookieWelding
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
The warranty period is continued from the original purchase date. So I get a new welder and the warranty clock did not reset. Which in this case is a good thing, as the warranty terms changed after my purchase.

Awesome :)