PDA
View Full Version :

Tig Weld 200dx <> Tig Weld 200ex

Nathan Stiltner
12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Don't see much talk about the 200ex on here..
Has there been many issue's with the machine?
Is there really any difference between the two other than the digital readout being able to see your settings?
Just kicking tires here trying to weed through the field...... In the market for an AC/DC Machine..
Like the thought of seeing the parameters i'm setting, but that's also something else to go bad..
A lot more circuitry in one like that compared to the other.. Just hadn't heard much about it since it came out..

poodle
12-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I can't speak on the EX but I love my DX. I just like and trust knobs way more than I do touch pads. I don't have the best of luck with touch pads after a couple years.

Nathan Stiltner
12-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Well thats what I was kinda thinking as well.. Are you running a cooler with yours?

poodle
12-07-2012, 10:49 AM
No but I might would like to. I would like to see how much smaller a water cooled torch is so I would know how much easier it is to handle. None of the welding supply stores in my neck of the woods have very much TIG supplies to choose from. I think they would have to order one just so I could look at it.

Nathan Stiltner
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Same here.. All I have ever used is the wp26.. It had the big handle.. Didnt like it much, but then again it's the only one I have ever even held.. Just think that a smaller one
would be easier to work with.. I see that the 200dx comes with a 20 and the sx comes with a 9 it looks lilke.. Wonder if you can specify a certain torch with either one you decide to buy or not? But I also think that the one that comes with the sx models is only air cooled.. The dx torch is water cooler ready isn't it?

poodle
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
The DX comes with your choice of water cooled or air cooled torch. I did not think I would need the extra cooling so went with the air cooled. I still don't think I need the extra cooling but would like something easier to handle.

Retired
12-08-2012, 06:12 AM
I went with the water cooled and glad I did.

Stew D Baker
12-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Im still not sure yet either but a water cooler will be my first project with
whatever i get, i might even start building one now, plenty of road signs laying around the construction site here that are always getting run over, and the guys will give them away just so they can make new ones LOL. a radiater will be fun to build as well, Im looking forward to this, Im in need of a new project since i have the Bike done now. Can You say O.C.D. LMAO
I will have to check to see if anyone has posted plans for one, but they look prety straight forward to me.
Steve

gpete
05-13-2013, 05:29 PM
The DX comes with your choice of water cooled or air cooled torch. I did not think I would need the extra cooling so went with the air cooled. I still don't think I need the extra cooling but would like something easier to handle.Is the 200DX discontinued?

Cope
05-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Is the 200DX discontinued?

It's not listed under Tig machines, so I guess so.