PDA
View Full Version :

Black Friday Deals from LONGEVITY!

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello FWF Members!

As many of you know, LONGEVITY is known for having the sweetest deals for Black Friday. We are continuing the tradition for 2012 with some killer prices! ALSO, pricing will be reflected on the website as well until November 29th!

Prices are below:

WeldAll 160pi (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_230/Multi-Purpose-Units/WeldAll-160PI.php): $1,077.99 (Reg. Price $1,539.99)

WeldAll 200pi (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_229/Multi-Purpose-Units/WeldAll-200PI.php): $1,231.99 (Reg. Price $1,759.99)

WeldAll 256pi (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_269/Multi-Purpose-Units/WeldAll-256pi.php) : $1,385.99 (Reg Price $1,979.99)

ForceCut 40D (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_236/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-40D.php):$439.99 (Reg Price $549.99)

ForceCut 50D (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_237/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-50D.php): $527.99 (Reg. Price $659.99)

-Daniel ext.206

odleo
11-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Does not seem like much of a deal considering each of these machines went from a 5 year warranty to just 1 year warranty. If you put the 5 year warranty back on em then it would be a good and fair deal just my two cents

undercut
11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Does not seem like much of a deal considering each of these machines went from a 5 year warranty to just 1 year warranty. If you put the 5 year warranty back on em then it would be a good and fair deal just my two cents

Almost forgot the weldalls were included in the warranty change. I'm out.

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM

We offer the customer the option of adding the additional warranty for a very low cost. If a longer 5-year warranty is a concern, then looking at our other products or adding the additional warranty is always an option.

undercut
11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I asked previously but the cost was not available at the time. How much more to bring the 1 year warranty up to the level of all of your other products?

I'm not sure how an extended warranty is going to help, though, as I believe Simon stated that the reduction of warranty to 1 year was because the factory wasn't supporting you anymore. What happens if in 4 years the welder doesn't work anymore and you can't fix it?

odleo
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
I did not see where a customer could add an extended warranty to any of these machines. Please advise where it is supposedly located on your web page. Besides you all tout your welders are the best why all the suddden drop certain machines to 1 year warranty just because you are changing factories, it would seem to me that maybe you should have checked out your manufacturer better before usiong them to produce the machines
Thank you

undercut
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
For the life of me I can't find the post but Simon said a while back that extended warranties were available and when I asked how much, he stated that they were so new that the prices hadn't been worked out and that he would get back to me (us). I'll keep looking but I don't think finding the exact reference is very important (just that it bugs me that I can't find it! LOL)

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Warranty is as follows; 40D and 50D: $150 for 2 years and $250 for 4 years. For the WeldAll and WeldMax line: $250 for 2 years and $400 for 4 years. Please also keep in mind that the extended warranty does NOT run concurrent with the 1 year offered with these limited units.

If we at that time cannot not repair the unit under warranty, then we as we always have will replace the model to our nearest comparable model(s).

undercut
11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Warranty is as follows; 40D and 50D: $150 for 2 years and $250 for 4 years. For the WeldAll and WeldMax line: $250 for 2 years and $400 for 4 years. Please also keep in mind that the extended warranty does NOT run concurrent with the 1 year offered with these limited units.

If we at that time cannot not repair the unit under warranty, then we as we always have will replace the model to our nearest comparable model(s).

Ouch. I always get sticker shock with pricing of extended warranties, LOL. Thanks, Daniel, for the information! :D

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I did not see where a customer could add an extended warranty to any of these machines. Please advise where it is supposedly located on your web page. Besides you all tout your welders are the best why all the suddden drop certain machines to 1 year warranty just because you are changing factories, it would seem to me that maybe you should have checked out your manufacturer better before usiong them to produce the machines
Thank you

At the moment we have not implemented a way to offer the extended warranty on our livesite orders on our current website, but will do our best to implement in the future website we are currently building. However, considering this minor setback, we call each livesite order to offer them the extended warranty if they order one of these models. At that time, they can choose to go with either warranty option.

undercut
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey Daniel, what's a livesite?

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey Daniel, what's a livesite?

Sorry Undercut, "livesite orders" is office lingo for orders that are placed direct from the website and not over the phone or with a sales rep.

undercut
11-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Ah, I get it. Sorry, reading it again makes it clearer. Not your mistake - too late in the day for me to read things clearly. Good thing I'm not operating any heavy machinery .... LOL.

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Just a couple more days to take advantage of this promo! Call in or place an order on our website!

undercut
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Just a couple more days to take advantage of this promo! Call in or place an order on our website!

Hey, Daniel. Can you confirm whether the following from your "terms and policy" link is still in effect? I didn't get any replies to my other post about this.

WeldAll, WeldMax, ForceCut 40D, and ForceCut 50D Models (1-year limited warranty effective October 1st, 2012)
A 1-Year limited parts and labor warranty applies to the following models: WELDALL 160pi, WELDALL 200pi, WELDALL 256pi, FORCECUT 40D, FORCECUT 50D. If the product fails due to manufacturer failure, the buyer is responsible to cover shipping charges both ways to warrant the 1-year warranty period.

LONGEVITY-Daniel
11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey, Daniel. Can you confirm whether the following from your "terms and policy" link is still in effect? I didn't get any replies to my other post about this.

WeldAll, WeldMax, ForceCut 40D, and ForceCut 50D Models (1-year limited warranty effective October 1st, 2012)
A 1-Year limited parts and labor warranty applies to the following models: WELDALL 160pi, WELDALL 200pi, WELDALL 256pi, FORCECUT 40D, FORCECUT 50D. If the product fails due to manufacturer failure, the buyer is responsible to cover shipping charges both ways to warrant the 1-year warranty period.

Are you asking if there is a 1-year warranty on those models? If that is the case, then yes, as has been mentioned before.

undercut
11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
the reason why I asked is because I saw a press release from Longevity recently that stated all Longevity products were now carrying a 5 year parts and labor warranty. Not sure which thread that was in. I can find it.

undercut
11-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Found it:

http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/general-chat-room/4036-finally.html

Longevity Global Inc. Now Announces Their Exclusive Unmatched Warranty Of 5-Years On Its Quality Tested And Modern Cutting And Welding Machines (http://www.prweb.com/releases/diesel-generators/gasoline-generators/prweb10137126.htm)

So I erroneously got my hopes up?

undercut
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Found it:

http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/general-chat-room/4036-finally.html

Longevity Global Inc. Now Announces Their Exclusive Unmatched Warranty Of 5-Years On Its Quality Tested And Modern Cutting And Welding Machines (http://www.prweb.com/releases/diesel-generators/gasoline-generators/prweb10137126.htm)

So I erroneously got my hopes up?

Has anyone inquired with Amazon if they will honor the 5 year warranty advertised in their listings? Almost December already and I haven't gotten my short list of plasma cutters down yet. Getting a bit nervous I'm not going to be able to pull the trigger when I want to in the new year.

LONGEVITY
11-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Has anyone inquired with Amazon if they will honor the 5 year warranty advertised in their listings? Almost December already and I haven't gotten my short list of plasma cutters down yet. Getting a bit nervous I'm not going to be able to pull the trigger when I want to in the new year.

We have and they have not responded. Again, I recommend you go with what we advertise to be 5 years - if you wish to buy from Amazon, you should ask them about the warranty as they control what they buy on hand. To ease your nervousness, go with the ForceCut 42i which is clearly offered at 5-years - in fact, since you are one of our tops posters, we will give you a deal on one. One condition, that you also post it in your signature line our model in our competitor forums and mention how great it is in their forums once you see the quality! It will be a deal that is worth the extra mention! We see you mention the lime/green guys all the time, basically do the same over there! :2thumbs

If you want the best plasma cutter in the market for the money, go with the ForceCut 42i - it is in the category of Hypertherm and Thermadyne. Our sales team will be notified if you should decide to jump on one!

undercut
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Simon - Gadget is still number one poster and is a tireless contributor of not only content but services to keep this forum running smoothly. Please, ensure you offer a great deal to Gadget as well for anything he might need.

As for me, I don't take putting equipment in my signature lightly. I didn't even put my welder in my signature until I had used it continually for a couple of months because I'm a bit old fashioned. Once something is in my signature, it becomes something of an endorsement and I want to feel comfortable suggesting the product and the company to my friends - and it looks like you know that about me.

Thanks for the offer, Simon! :D I will PM you to find out what the special price is. This might work out well for my "option 2":

http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/other-manufacturers-tools-welding-equipment/4035-mig-purchase.html

As I've mentioned previously, I want to do my research on all of the plasma cutters and MTS units to get a short list and be ready to pull the trigger when welding season starts again. Hopefully it won't be too wet a winter and maybe I'll have made my decision and purchase near the end of January / early February. Will the special price be good until I've made up my mind? Buying anything sooner than then would be fruitless.

Is there a manual for the 42i I can get my hands on? I'd like to see details on its operation and its specs.

Cheers!