PDA
View Full Version :

LP40D Voltage Question

teamfourllc
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I installed a 220v 30a circuit in preparation for my cutter. I actually measure 250v at the outlet. Is this OK?
Someday I may get to cut something...unit was shipped Dec 22, still not received. :(

KHK
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes the Machine should be fine. I have a 160P and it is rated at 220vac I have it wired in to a outlet rated at 240vac. when I Measure the outlet with a digital meter I get 248vac. The welder works great. I think that if the voltage is measured with the welder in operation the voltage will be about 220vac.

I would call Longevity and obtain a tracking number for your order, and find out whare it is. I know Longevity had a contract with DHL and that DHL is cutting people and services in the USA. As a customer I know that this i no excuse when you are waiting for a new toy, but maybe you could shake up someone at DHL and get some answers.

keith

teamfourllc
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Keith, thanks for the reply.

I had called DHL last week to ask about the shipment. The online tracking showed it stuck in Utah. I asked DHL to hold it at the terminal in my home town for pickup since I needed to sign for it. They said no problem and they would call when it was there. This past Friday, the online tracking showed the item was at the terminal. So I called, and called, and called. No answer all day. Today I called and called, no answer. So I checked online again to get the number for the main office, and the tracking system showed the unit was left at my door. No signature taken. No wonder DHL is going under in the US domestic market.

I put everything together and will try some cutting tomorrow. Full review to follow.

Gadget
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
My experience has been, if DHL shipping gets stuck in a location for longer than usual it means the box has broken and they are repackaging it. I would document any damage if found and make sure the inventory of parts is complete. If anything is missing contact Simon or Longevity, not DHL.
Dan

teamfourllc
01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Dan, that has been my experience as well. However, given the holidays and the snow storms out west I will give DHL the benefit of the doubt. The box was in pristine condition. The corners were actually clad in metal. Everything was there and assembled A-OK.