PDA
View Full Version :

DIY parts for CNC table

acourtjester
07-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Here is a lead screw and AB nut a machined for the use on a Z axis. I used threaded rod and coupling nuts and a length of 1 ID DOM tube. The coupling nuts were machined for a close fit in the DOM tube and the threaded rod was machined for 6001R2 bearings at each end. And at the top end it was turned for a 3/8 ID belt pulley.
The threaded rod and coupling nuts were assembled in the DOM tube and one nut was spot welded to the tube. The un-welded coupling nut was adjusted so no end play was achieved and the setscrews were installed and tightened (this may take a few tries to get it working just right). Shown are two DIY bearing blocks for ends of the threaded rod. If more info is wanted PM me. I did not think these up I got the idea from BuildYourIdea.com (http://www.buildyouridea.com/) I just changed it little
Have fun
Tom
:joker

undercut
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the link. Found some really good ideas / reading there!

Gadget
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Great work Tom. No whipping on that rod. I like the free play adjustment too.

brucer
07-28-2012, 01:20 PM
nice job tom...

your probably planning on it but,you might add a zerk fitting in there somewhere..

acourtjester
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh sure now you tell me.
Great idea thanks Brucer I think I will put one in.

undercut
07-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh sure now you tell me.
Great idea thanks Brucer I think I will put one in.

LOL .... well, it's good to have an avenue to get some ideas fed back .... Meanwhile I actually had to look up what a zerk fitting was .... :D