PDA
View Full Version :

Why did you go with Longevity vs the other similar priced competitor ?

martinguitar
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I want to hear from those that have purchased a Longevity machine ( in particular a TIG) and why they chose it over the " other " competitor that offers similar priced machines .
I'm not sure the rules of this forum so I didn't name them but I'm sure you know who I mean (it starts with a E .)
I'm still up in the air on which TIG machine I am going to buy so I'd like to hear what makes the Longevity welders better.

Thanks

poodle
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I never even considered the E mach. I used to weld for a living but now I just do it to make a little extra money plus I love it. We had a HF add on for our Miller Dialarc back in the day and when my brother and I shut down the business he kept it. I had just started to learn to Tig and loved it. I wanted another mach. so bad I could not hardly stand it. So I started looking around for a new one. The big boys were just way out of my range for a hobbyist use. I started surfing the web and ran across Longevity. The machines are more in my price range and have higher duty cycles and longer warranties than the big boys. After reading the reviews about the machines and the service I decided I would take the plunge and order one. I am waiting for it now and cannot wait to fire it up and give it a whirl. I ordered the Tigweld 200DX. The march madness sale was what sealed the deal. It made a difference of about $300 on the deal. 20% off plus free shipping.

Kevin Caron
03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a TigWeld 250 AC/DC. I find this machine to be much better than my miller 200 syncrowave. More versatile and easier to weld with. The cost for this new machine was almost half what I paid for the Miller 7 years ago. The warrenty is better and the power usege is a little less,

What's not to like????

matteh99
03-26-2012, 08:14 AM
When I bought my Longevity welder I did consider a few other companies making similar welders. I picked Longevity because there seemed to be more support for their products. I have been happy with my choice I did have a few minor problems with my welder but they were fixed fairly quickly. I am happy with my choice.

KHK
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I looked on the net for quite some time befor I bought a Longevity. My decision was baised on 5 year warrantee and service. I was a Longevity Dealer for a year, and the only machine problems were due to shipping damage. I have had my 200pi for about 2 years now and it still works great!

y0y0
03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I think it is based on personal preference and knowledge (not trying to offend anyone). The company/machine/forums/information that is out in the "open" evolves over time. I have a 200PI since the beginning of the year and love it. I don't use it everyday. I have done a ton of research and I felt this was the machine for me. I still have to buy the TIG cooler, which will be this month. Nothing against any other brand, just personal preference and knowledge. Always do your homework.

arandall
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Customer service is a big deal for me. I own both Longevity, and Miller machines. I had problems with both, and the service from Longevity was quicker and more pleasant than that from Miller. Given the fact that the Longevity machines are generally quite a bit less expensive than Miller, Lincoln etc., I pick Longevity.

tigqk
04-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Affordability, and personal service from Simon,I try to advertise the product alot.Never doubted purchasing the unit LS200PI, a few hiccups, but and it has been happiness ever since.

Fredfrom Orygun
08-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Although I do not own a longevity welder yet , sometime in future looking to upgrade or add to my current tool base by getting a arcmate 205 . My reason , Could of purchased another brand a few weeks ago , similar specs as 205 for $779 on sale . Sent E-mail requesting to add that " Deal " to shopping cart with regular priced spool gun and regular priced supplies , ( while sale was still valid ) . Instead was quoted all 3 items regular priced ??? I don't know , just left a bad feeling in me , so I have been looking at the Longevity brand since .

Fred H.

WookieWelding
08-03-2012, 06:25 PM
i own a Everlast 140ST Good machine after i got it calibrated by a welder repair place so now the amp read out is certified to what it says its putting out
I also own a tig weld 250 ac dc my only complaint is the foot pedal now other wise a solid machine still need to get it down and calibrated and certified at a weld repair place Its not a miller dynasty but welds nice

brucer
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I wanted a middle of the road machine (plasma cutter), I was afraid of the ebay units with no warranty or 1yr warranty. I didnt want to spend the money on a hypertherm or thermal dynamics yet... It was between Longevity and Everlast and I dont like the color green, unless your talking about money...

Gadget
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I bought my first unit off Ebay when Longevity units were sold there. (long time ago) It was just by chance it was a Longevity unit but it was a real stroke of luck for me. I've been a big fan of their units ever since. They are good machines and the customer support is second to none. The 5 year warranty is also one of the best in the business.

JolietJames
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I wasn't sure how much I was going to like tig or how often I'd need one. I figured I'd buy a cheap machine to learn tig, then get a miller if I felt I wanted to get into tig welding more. I love my Tigweld 200 so much I am pretty sure I will be staying with longevity for my next tig machine. I need an ac/dc machine with a pedal for my next unit and I like what I see from longevity. For the record I owned a Dialarc before but it was too big for my small garage shop. The 200 is a much better machine than the dialarc in my opinion other than the lack of ac capability.

Masseyman
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Price, service, and warranty! Those were my deciding factors. I too, did alot of research on the i-net before I purchased the (tig) 200SX. I noticed there were not very many BAD things said about Longevity, and they had a good amount of happy customers.

So I started comparing apples to apples as best i could. Longevity won out because of the 3 factors I started this post with.

mattj
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Price was a big factor and warranty helped and this forum. just having people to go to other then the company it self is good sometimes.

Cope
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
I guess I had Tig in the back of my mind, and when I got serious a couple of weeks ago, I liked what I was reading on the Longevity forum as opposed to Everlast, by end users as well as company employees. I went really cheap last year and bought a GiantTech 50 amp Plasma. I never even looked for owner feedback, and when I did post purchase, it wasn't all that good. My experience has been good to date. You can get good and bad from any manufacturer; the way they respond is what counts.

Nathan Stiltner
11-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I had nothing but problems with my Everlast.. Had the 250 and could never seem to go 1 month without some kind of problem with the machine.. Little things but when you are taking time to fix problems instead of making progress elsewhere, to me it's not worth it.. May have just been one out of 100 but who knows.. Im really considering the 200dx with a cooler and the smaller wp20... Had the 26 with the other and never seemed to get used to the size...

tat2nu
12-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I have wanted to try a tig welder for many years and looked at many models. In fact I think that I joined this forum in 2008 and I just bought the 256pi and water cooler a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I was comfortable with Longevity because I have been lurking this forum for 4 years on and off and when I saw the sale price on that unit I really could not pass it up. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Lincoln Precision Tig 225 at the time to stick with one of the big brands but to get tig/arc/plasma all for half the price it was a no brainer. I think that if I used the machine daily to make a living I would have went with the Lincoln dedicated machine probably just for bragging rights but I really will only use the unit from time to time so it should last me for quite a while and I am sure that I will get my money out of it. Just my $0.02.

Kenskip1
11-16-2015, 10:02 PM
What do I know about welding? O nada, zilch zero. So I was watching ETCG. He seemed pleased with the setup he has.Well I like his attitude so I ordered the Longevity 100. This is my first welder and I have had it almost a year and have not used it yet. I have already made several improvements. One was the cheap grounding clamp.I replaced this with one from Lincoln. Next was getting rid of the cheap flux core wire and replaced it with a roll of .030 Lincoln also.The tips that came with it were .035 but they gave me a roll of.030.So again I replaced the cheap tips with the ones from Lincoln I have replaced the cheap hammer with a proper welders hammer. All I need now is 23 feet of 1.5 square tubing and I am set to go.Ken

Kenskip1
11-24-2015, 08:56 PM
I have been using the welder for the past 3 days. It is working better than my welds.I have nothing to compare it with but it is starting to be fun to do. Ken

http://forum.longevity-inc.com/showthread.php?6077-Longevity-Model-100