PDA
View Full Version :

50i is here

4low
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
got my 50i in yesterday and had a chance to take it for a spin tonight. I did not get to play long but first impression it beats using a grinder with a cut off wheel, that for sure. very pleased with the machine so far and pumped about future projects. the march madness deal was a BIG plus too. i will write a better review after i put in some more hours.

matteh99
03-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Congratulations.
I have had a longevity combo unit with a plasma cutter. I haven't used the plasma cutter much until recently. I have been using it to cut out rusty pieces of my truck frame and it works great.

Do you have any planned projects?

poodle
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
I took advantage of the March madness sale myself, pretty good deal. Hope you enjoy your new cutter.

samsberr
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
I use my 50i 95% of the time for CNC...
The CNC connector on the back is the cats meow...
I did pull the air solenoid apart this weekend and stretched the spring out a bit,
It made a big diff. in how the air shuts off between piercings...Lot less missfires...

acourtjester
07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Samsberr
What is the pierce and cutting heigth you are using on your CNC table.

Tom

samsberr
07-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi Samsberr
What is the pierce and cutting heigth you are using on your CNC table.

Tom

Hi Tom:

I don't have THC but I run it down to the material then back it off about a half a turn...
Ends up being about .025 - .030 ... works very well for my setup...very little dross and cleanup is a breeze...

acourtjester
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Thank for the reply
I tried to run about the same be had trouble with false faults so I backed off more to about .060" to .070" and that stopped.
I have seem posts where guys are cutting way over .100" on a plasma table but connot find good info on the web about a standard cut heigth.
have fun
Tom

brucer
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Thank for the reply
I tried to run about the same be had trouble with false faults so I backed off more to about .060" to .070" and that stopped.
I have seem posts where guys are cutting way over .100" on a plasma table but connot find good info on the web about a standard cut heigth.
have fun
Tom

tom,

I worked on a hypertherm max200 on a c&g table several months ago, the cut height chart showed like .060 cut height up to like 1/2" thick mild steel, that was operating at 100amps also pierce height was like .150... they also had a dwell time for the pierce on the chart.

samsberr
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Thank for the reply
have fun
Tom
I'll get a feeler gauge out net time and measure it ... I mostly just eyeball it ... I seem to get about 1 4X8 sheet of 16ga. cut out with various
different protects per tip & electrode... and there the ones I got for cheep off of flea bay... The Longevity ones don't seem to last any longer,
and they look exactly the same...even packaged the same...?
Cheers...