PDA
View Full Version :

New Longevity auto dark helmets

Gadget
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Simon sent me the photos of his new helmet line. I thought you might like to see them so here they are.

Dan[attachment=0:yeh8in45]longhelmet.gif[/attachment:yeh8in45]

KHK
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
When will we know the prices of the helmets?
What is the dimentions of the viewers?
Will the helmet be capable of holding a magifier lense?

Does longevity accept paypal?

keith

LONGEVITY
12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Keith,

The helmets will be available online shortly. We are doing the pictures. The prices range from $79.99 to $189.99 for the helmet with Grinding and Welding modes with the bigger viewing lenses. If you are interested in a specific helmet, we can get you the specs right away. We also take paypal.

Simon

Gaustin
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Any pics of the insides, controls etc ?

Gadget
12-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Any pics of the insides, controls etc ?
The photo is an animated GIF, all helmets are shown along with a shot of the control panel.
Dan

Gaustin
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
So ALL of the control panels are the same ? I will look through it again. Things that are good to know are positions of switches, ease of changing back and front clear lens etc. Are all of the headgears the same and the only thing that changes is the shell ?

getlost4x4
12-11-2008, 07:49 AM
do these helmets use standard size lens plates?

i have a harbor freight helmet, and his has special cover plates. it really makes it a pain in the arse to get the cover plates.

Gaustin
12-11-2008, 07:59 AM
I have the $49.00 one with the blue flames it works great except for grinding and changing the cover plates. I have to either cut one down or buy theirs.

KHK
12-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Take a look at Simon's post, he states that the price of the helmets varies with the grinding mode and size of viewing area.
Also from the picks there is at least one helmet that has out side darking controls. I think we need to wait for them to appeare on the website.

keith

Gaustin
12-11-2008, 09:04 AM
It looked like they all had essentially the same viewing area. All similar to a standard size filter plate, I didn't see any with a large viewing area. Simon are you speaking of just fractions of an inch viewing size or are there some large lens helmets coming ?

LONGEVITY
12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Gaustin,

There are some helmets with bigger viewing areas. We will have everything on the site shortly with full specs and descriptions. If there a particular model you are interested in, please let me know.

Simon

Gadget
12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I will be taking some videos of one of the units this weekend. Will show details on the controls and how sensitivity settings affect the darkening. I will post a link when I get them created.

Dan