PDA
View Full Version :

sources for cable connectors and such..

brucer
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for the 4 prong quick disconnect couplings for the wiring/cables that run from the enclosure to the stepper motors... you guys have any cheap go to places.. I looked at msc and didnt see anything that jumped out at me..

any help would be great.

KHK
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
All of the wireing on my CNC came from my junk pile, so I can't help. Also I used shielded cable and terminated(grounded) all the shields at one point using just one end of the shielded cable.

matteh99
02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I have used Jameco for some electronic stuff. I haven't done any price comparisons but they have a good selection of electronics stuff.

http://www.jameco.com/

Gadget
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I wired mine direct. I wonder if you could use the 4 wire power connectors that are on PC power supplies and extensions.

brucer
02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
I wired mine direct. I wonder if you could use the 4 wire power connectors that are on PC power supplies and extensions.

yes that would work gadget,..

I ended up getting some 4prong molex/weatherproof connectors (like $3 for 12 male and female plugs) and some cable clamps, I'll clamp the wires coming out of the enclosure and put the connectors near the steppers..