PDA
View Full Version :

Suggestion for Simon

strube1369
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
You guys should put this guys video (or a reference to it) with any of these machines ya sell. Just another of my unasked for suggestions...
How to Use the Controls on a Longevity TIG Welder - Kevin Caron - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJHOo3-qA0&feature=uploademail)

LONGEVITY
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Great Video! We will implement them under the product pages. Kevin has a few videos up and has a few or our models. In addition to Tim, his videos will be pretty cool to watch as well! Hoping to see more of his work.

brucer
01-18-2012, 09:50 AM
how much would it cost to make a video cd for various models, and stick it in the box prior to shipping?

Kevin Caron
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Heck, I would be up for that! :cheers

Simon, give me a call if you want and we can work out the details.

My number here is 602-Two Nine Five- 99 Six Four.

LONGEVITY
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Kevin,

I will try to give you a call today with an updated!

brucer
01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
simon,

You might also touch on the subject of adjusting the contact points on the high frequency units, seems like that comes up a bunch also..

I think it would save you a bunch of time with minimal investment.. produce a couple of master dvd's (maybe a couple for backup copies) for each model or your biggest sellers, a duplicator machine and your off and running...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

might check on the different options of duplicators, I know you can get a basic duplicator for a couple hundred..

You can get a duplicator with built in printer for $1000 (probably some cheaper I just looked on ebay), load a stack of disks and walk away.. kind of pricey but it would make your product package look better, save you time on having to familiarize people with the controls and setup.. Keep the label design simple to keep ink cost down..
1 Burner Auto CD DVD 100 Disc Publisher Burn+Print Duplicator Copier Labeler | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Burner-Auto-CD-DVD-100-Disc-Publisher-Burn-Print-Duplicator-Copier-Labeler-/190576432069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f3d93c5)

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

heres a cheaper intro model,does like 50 disks an hour
Autoloader 1 Burner CD DVD 21 Disc Publisher Duplicator Auto Printer Automated | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autoloader-1-Burner-CD-DVD-21-Disc-Publisher-Duplicator-Auto-Printer-Automated-/150740082123?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item2318cf1dcb) .

LONGEVITY
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
simon,

You might also touch on the subject of adjusting the contact points on the high frequency units, seems like that comes up a bunch also..

I think it would save you a bunch of time with minimal investment.. produce a couple of master dvd's (maybe a couple for backup copies) for each model or your biggest sellers, a duplicator machine and your off and running...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

might check on the different options of duplicators, I know you can get a basic duplicator for a couple hundred..

You can get a duplicator with built in printer for $1000 (probably some cheaper I just looked on ebay), load a stack of disks and walk away.. kind of pricey but it would make your product package look better, save you time on having to familiarize people with the controls and setup.. Keep the label design simple to keep ink cost down..
1 Burner Auto CD DVD 100 Disc Publisher Burn+Print Duplicator Copier Labeler | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Burner-Auto-CD-DVD-100-Disc-Publisher-Burn-Print-Duplicator-Copier-Labeler-/190576432069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f3d93c5)

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

heres a cheaper intro model,does like 50 disks an hour
Autoloader 1 Burner CD DVD 21 Disc Publisher Duplicator Auto Printer Automated | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autoloader-1-Burner-CD-DVD-21-Disc-Publisher-Duplicator-Auto-Printer-Automated-/150740082123?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item2318cf1dcb) .

Great suggestions! I will look into these videos. Right now, our plan was to do the youtube thing, but a video instalation guide maybe a good idea as well once we finish all products. Thanks Brucer!

poodle
04-22-2012, 08:31 PM
They put a CD in with my new machine. It has set up and operation videos from Tim and Kevin. It also has manuals, pamphlets and photos on it. Nice touch.

strube1369
04-22-2012, 09:03 PM
They put a CD in with my new machine. It has set up and operation videos from Tim and Kevin. It also has manuals, pamphlets and photos on it. Nice touch.
I try to tell people on other welding forums and such that not only are Longevity great machines, but also Simon and crew are remarkably determined to maintain happy customers. Those guys are the best.

amessina
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
When the pressure gauge on my 200PI regulator blew its face and retaining ring across the garage at 2150 psi...I was told it shouldn't happen. I asked about replacement gauges and was told to buy another one. Both answers were pretty obvious....duh!!! I actually sent in the photos and machine s/n as proof. I bet they thought it was a joke. But I still like my LS-200PI and I'll use KC's advice for thin alum which has been "challenging" to say the least