PDA
View Full Version :

Stickweld 140 on genset?

weldtex
01-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Howdy folks, My first post here...I purchased the Longevity stickweld 140 several months ago and have to say it has been an impressive little machine. I enjoy welding with this machine so much I want to use it on every job I can so I am wondering if it would be okay to power off a generator? I have a powermate 6500 watt rated - 8125 surge genset with avr (automatic voltage regulator) I use to power my plasma cutter. The generator is not an inverter generator so just want to make sure it will safely to power my stickweld 140 without causing future problems? Thanks in advance for any input.

Gadget
01-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi WeldTex and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good. When you get a chance, please post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you.
I can't answer your question but I'm sure someone here can and will.
Dan

KHK
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Hello and WELCOME!! You have a good generator and welder there should be NO problems.

gilly
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.Lots of good info on here,if you search for it.

weldtex
01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
I appreciate the responses. I'll go ahead and give her a go and report back...look forward to sharing pics of future work using the stickweld 140 mobile.

Freddytk421
02-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I love the stickweld 140. it's my favorite machine. It seems to be built really well and i tell everyone that asks to me what to get to get that baby. even if they have bigger machines or are planning on getting a bigger one it's good to have on hand because of the size and versatility.

weldtex
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
I love the stickweld 140. it's my favorite machine. It seems to be built really well and i tell everyone that asks to me what to get to get that baby. even if they have bigger machines or are planning on getting a bigger one it's good to have on hand because of the size and versatility.

Hey look whos here.... Freddytk421 himself. lol First time I laid eyes on the stickweld 140 was in your video where you compared it to the Harbor Freight inverter. Came straight from Youtube to the Longevity site and placed an immediate order. Thanks for turnin me on to a super cool machine. Really enjoy your videos man.

Freddytk421
02-19-2012, 02:37 AM
you're welcome. I have no problem recommending it to anyone. I have not heard one single bad thing about it yet. I wish I would have bought a pallet load of them when they first came out and resold them on youtube for 300.00 maybe put a tk421 sticker over the logo. LOL just kidding

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

correction I have heard a few people complain about how hard it is to get one because it's so awesome they cant keep it in stock.