PDA
View Full Version :

ForceCut 80I - What a Beast

Mikey52
12-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I pulled the trigger on a ForceCut 80I during the recent 20% off sale.
When I compare the features of this machine vs what you get from North American suppliers, I figured it was worth the risk.
This was not my first Longevity machine. I also own a 200PI that I have had for 2 years and I have been very happy with it, especially after I fixed the air/gas leak issue that is well documented on this forum. JB weld solved that problem.
My ForceCut 80I arrived with some cosmetic damage from shipping. The cover had a dent at the front corner and the control panel at the bottom front of the machine was pushed in as a result of an obvious blow to the machine's front. Rather than deal with the hassle of shipping it back, I took the cover off, straightened the front panel and cover with hardwood blocks and large C clamp. Now it is hard to tell that it ever had any damage.
When I first tested the machine, I did have an air leak inside the machine on the air hose connection that leads from the push-in connector at the rear lower bottom of the machine. I removed the cover, removed and re-installed the hose at the inside connection, and ....no leaks.
Now for the initial test results.
This thing is a Beast.
It cuts through any metal I threw at it like there is nothing there.
The cut on my 200PI plasma is a finer, more precise cut on thin metal, but if you are in need of a plasma cutter that is up to just about anything the normal metal worker can throw at it, this is your machine. I was truly impressed.
I will post some photos in the near future (we all like photos)
My only disappointment so far has been that my machine did not come with a stand off guide for the torch, even though the youtube video that Longevity have produced indicates that it is supplied with the unit. I believe the unit should be supplied with the stand off guide.

KHK
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear that over-all you like the machine!!

CrazyCarl
06-19-2014, 02:23 PM
I pulled the trigger on a ForceCut 80I during the recent 20% off sale.
When I compare the features of this machine vs what you get from North American suppliers, I figured it was worth the risk.
This was not my first Longevity machine. I also own a 200PI that I have had for 2 years and I have been very happy with it, especially after I fixed the air/gas leak issue that is well documented on this forum. JB weld solved that problem.
My ForceCut 80I arrived with some cosmetic damage from shipping. The cover had a dent at the front corner and the control panel at the bottom front of the machine was pushed in as a result of an obvious blow to the machine's front. Rather than deal with the hassle of shipping it back, I took the cover off, straightened the front panel and cover with hardwood blocks and large C clamp. Now it is hard to tell that it ever had any damage.
When I first tested the machine, I did have an air leak inside the machine on the air hose connection that leads from the push-in connector at the rear lower bottom of the machine. I removed the cover, removed and re-installed the hose at the inside connection, and ....no leaks.
Now for the initial test results.
This thing is a Beast.
It cuts through any metal I threw at it like there is nothing there.
The cut on my 200PI plasma is a finer, more precise cut on thin metal, but if you are in need of a plasma cutter that is up to just about anything the normal metal worker can throw at it, this is your machine. I was truly impressed.
I will post some photos in the near future (we all like photos)
My only disappointment so far has been that my machine did not come with a stand off guide for the torch, even though the youtube video that Longevity have produced indicates that it is supplied with the unit. I believe the unit should be supplied with the stand off guide.

Mikey52,

can you give an update on this machine?
Thanks,
CrazyCarl

Mikey52
06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Mikey52,

can you give an update on this machine?
Thanks,
CrazyCarl

Well its been 2 1/2 years since I posted my initial review and the ForceCut 80I continues to deliver the goods.
It has far more cutting capacity than I will ever need but I don't see that as a problem.
Mine came with a 20 foot torch that really adds to the versatility of the machine.
Outside of the initial air leak I easily repaired, nothing has gone wrong.
It runs as smooth as the day I got it.
Compared to its North American competitors, its a bargain.

CrazyCarl
06-19-2014, 08:12 PM
THANKYOU, I just ordered the 80i last week and have been trying to get some REAL feed back.. Thanks so much!

crazycarl

acourtjester
06-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Here my 80I cutting on the cnc table I built works great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBxbiI5EXc