PDA
View Full Version :

Post your contest questions, answers, and comments here

Bluesman
12-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Quick Question: Will the shipping be considered part of the 1800 or will Longevity ship the merchandise free? I don't know if you guys still do the free shipping or not and didn't know if the shipping cost needed to be taken into consideration when I place my order after I win! LOL

I am entering this contest.
I currently have 580 posts
I currently have 29 images in the gallery
I got a sig.
I got an avatar.

Gadget
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
In order to make it easier to tally the totals at the end of this contest please post all comments, questions, and non entry related posts here rather than in the contest thread.
I will move posts that are not entry related to this thread as I find them.

Bluesman
12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Great idea! You a sneaky one too. :) I see what you did there... Moving my entry post over here...

j/k, I know that wasn't your intent and I would have still be entered,

but to make sure I Re-Entered anyway to keep down confrusions and all

INSANITY
12-06-2011, 08:39 AM
I was going to post not to jumble up that thread but then realized that I would then be jumbling up the thread.. LOL .. I've already had the thought of the tally task. That will be a job in and of it's self

Gadget
12-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Holy crap Bluesman, I only read the part about your question, not the entry. I'm so sorry I missed that, it was not intentional. Glad you caught it and fixed my mistake though.

Bluesman
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Holy crap Bluesman, I only read the part about your question, not the entry. I'm so sorry I missed that, it was not intentional. Glad you caught it and fixed my mistake though.

I knew that was the case friend, I just wanted to rag you a bit about it.

LOL

INSANITY
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey Dan, Art just posted in the new contest thread and stated that he has 42 images in his gallery but accross from his Avatar it shows that he has 55 images. Is Art confused or am I just missing something?

Just wondering,
-Aaron

Gadget
12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey Dan, Art just posted in the new contest thread and stated that he has 42 images in his gallery but accross from his Avatar it shows that he has 55 images. Is Art confused or am I just missing something?

Just wondering,
-Aaron

I just sent him a PM to see Aaron, thanks.

arandall
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Aaron:
I just talked to Dan about this. The picture count I was using was the number of pictures in my personal galleries ("arandall", and "Arty's Stuff"). Apparently I must also have some pictures in the general "Longevity gallery" as well, which must account for the extras. I know during the last contest I posted some pictures which I didn't feel should qualify for the contest since they didn't really involve welding or fabricating, so I didn't put them in my personal gallery. Anyway, apparently the correct count is 55, and I'm happy with it.
Hope this clears up any confusion.

INSANITY
12-08-2011, 09:04 AM
It's all good Art. I was just wondering why the numbers diddn't match. So it's good to know that any photos that go into the Longevity Image Gallery still count in our own gallery.

matteh99
12-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi Everyone,
Example of entry post: For example, if you have 20 posts now and will have 30 posts since the new contests starts for a total of 40 posts at the end of the contest, you will have THREE (3) entries in the raffle drawing.

Shouldn't it be 50 total posts at the end or starting with 10 posts? The math doesn't work.

Eric

Gadget
12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Shouldn't it be 50 total posts at the end or starting with 10 posts? The math doesn't work.

Eric

I fixed it Eric, thanks for pointing it out.

matteh99
12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
A suggestion for next contest. I like the multiple entries per person idea. Something to add in besides posts and pictures might be the number of times the person has been thanked. I think it would encourage thoughtful posts.

Another thing to consider may be a max number of entries per person.

Eric

Flyinhigh5
12-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Do pictures that are in your posts count or do you have to put them in the gallery too? If so, how do I do that? All mine have come back with errors...

Gadget
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
They must be in the Gallery FH5. Here's a link to adding a category in the gallery. Instead of adding a category though go into members categories and post an image, it will automatically create a member gallery for you. Then you can open that gallery folder and post more images. There is a bug that says page not found but it doesn't affect the image upload.

Don Cook
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I currently have 4253 posts
I currently have 97 photos in my gallery
I have an avatar
I have a signature
I respectfully DEMAND to to enter this contest
Gadget, I have come in here many times and finally gave up. It always tells me I am a guest and won't let me into the Forum. this gets frustrating so I quit trying...I own Longevity welding and plasma equiptment but the forum refuses to let me in....acordingly, I cannot enter even the contest because I am a "guest".....Merry Christmas to you all and God bless you....Don Cook crsnhog1@hotmail.com

INSANITY
12-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Gadget, I have come in here many times and finally gave up. It always tells me I am a guest and won't let me into the Forum. this gets frustrating so I quit trying...I own Longevity welding and plasma equiptment but the forum refuses to let me in....acordingly, I cannot enter even the contest because I am a "guest".....Merry Christmas to you all and God bless you....Don Cook crsnhog1@hotmail.com

Hang tight Don, I've notified Gadget so that he can try to resolve your issue ASAP.

-Aaron

Gadget
12-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Sent an email to Don so I can assist him,

Gadget
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
test posting to see if DB crashes

Bluesman
02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Got 11 entries so far... 39 more to go to get my fitty... LOL... Maybe I will get lucky this time.

Gadget
02-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Got 11 entries so far... 39 more to go to get my fitty... LOL... Maybe I will get lucky this time.

Actually you now have one entry. The 50 number was just for an example. You get one entry for every 10 posts.

Bluesman
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Actually you now have one entry. The 50 number was just for an example. You get one entry for every 10 posts.I got 3 entries due to images and 8 so far for posts according to my calculations. I've added 9 images and 80 something posts... That is if we still get 1 entry for every 10 posts and 1 entry for every 3 image uploads..

Gadget
02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Sounds right to me.

matteh99
03-26-2012, 06:41 AM
I tried to look at my starting number of posts but I can't get to page two of the contest entry thread. All the other pages work fine but page two gives me a database error.

Any ideas? And does it work for other people?

Gadget
03-26-2012, 07:56 AM
I tried to look at my starting number of posts but I can't get to page two of the contest entry thread. All the other pages work fine but page two gives me a database error.

Any ideas? And does it work for other people?
Eric,
I checked it and got the same results and have reported the issue, thanks for pointing it out.

matteh99
03-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks for reporting it for me. I would hate for my initial counts to get lost. I haven't been that active on the forums but I think I have a few entrys by now.

Bluesman
05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I got me 19 entries so far!!! I NEED this sucker BAD!!!!

Bluesman
06-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Blueberry season is keeping me BUSY, so ya'll justy let me know when I need to give you my address to mail my 1800 voucher to.

I need a plasma cutter or two and another good welder. :)

Nathan Stiltner
11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Sounds like bluesman is in it to win it. ��

Stew D Baker
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Is the drawing going to be posted on Youtube again, Do we have a time frame on this.
Thanks Steve

Gadget
01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
It will be posted on Youtube but it may take a few days. I will get a snapshot of the posts and images for each entrant late tonight to allow last minute posts to count. Then I will compile a list and get it to Simon. I'll also post the list and number of entries for each person in the forum so there is no question about the results.

Stew D Baker
01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks Gadget
Was just wondering when it would be posted, I will check back in for the link.
Steve

beecee702
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
just wondering how come it says i have 0 entries in the entrants list for the big cash contest?

Gadget
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
just wondering how come it says i have 0 entries in the entrants list for the big cash contest?
You get one entry for evry 10 posts past your starting count. One entry for evry 3 images past your starting entry. You started with 17 posts and 6 images, you noW have 19 posts and 6 images. Not enough foe an entry in either category, sorry.
Dan

beecee702
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
You get one entry for evry 10 posts past your starting count. One entry for evry 3 images past your starting entry. You started with 17 posts and 6 images, you noW have 19 posts and 6 images. Not enough foe an entry in either category, sorry.
Dan

i guess i misread the format and rules... o well i guess ill just have to buy my tig welder myself.

WookieWelding
01-08-2013, 01:58 AM
i guess i misread the format and rules... o well i guess ill just have to buy my tig welder myself.
there is normally another contest after the winners are announced and your chances are winning are pretty good

Gadget
01-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Yes, I would expect another contest starting within a week or so of the announcement of the winner for this one.

tigman
01-29-2014, 12:10 PM
How can I go about entering an is 2 days enough time. I don't really get the rules. Sure $1800 bucks would be nice but all I really want is a TigWeld 250 or a 200sx!

Gadget
01-29-2014, 01:42 PM
How can I go about entering an is 2 days enough time. I don't really get the rules. Sure $1800 bucks would be nice but all I really want is a TigWeld 250 or a 200sx!
If you can get 10 good posts in from the time of your entry or 3 gallery images (not user album) you will get a point for entry which will put your name in the drawing. Post bumping is not allowed. By that I mean just running through all the new users in the last 6 months and just saying hi or welcome just to increase the post count.
The next drawing will give everyone one point just for entry so their name will be in the drawing at least once.
You can get an easy 5 points by posting something positive about the Longevity welders or cutters on another forum. You would have to post the link to the forum post in the sign up page for the contest to get the points.
Bottom line, not too late if you're active here. Good luck.
To edit your signature click on Forum Actions in the navigation bar and select edit profile. There is a place there to edit your signature and upload an avatar. (under My Settings on the left side of the Edit Profile page. If you need help let me know.
Dan

tigman
01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
I just got off the phone with John he was really nice and he was able to work with my budget. I just purchased the 200sx. Too bad it will take a week to ship but it is what it is. Can't wait to get it here

Gadget
01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
I just got off the phone with John he was really nice and he was able to work with my budget. I just purchased the 200sx. Too bad it will take a week to ship but it is what it is. Can't wait to get it here

That gives you 10 contest points. be sure to post the purchase in the contest thread once you've entered. Let me know if you need help with the signature and avatar.

tigman
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks gadget

longevity-melanie
11-23-2015, 11:53 AM
PLEASE CLICK LINK TO VIEW VIDEO: http://www.longevity-inc.com/resources/welding-videos/customer_videos/