PDA
View Full Version :

LONGEVITY 2011 Trade Show Schedule:

LONGEVITY
09-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce LONGEVITY Welding will be at the Sema Car Show in Las Vegas November 1-4 2011 booth 10236 (http://www.expocad.com/host/fx/convexx/sema11/northhall.html).

Please click here for information.

3706 (http://semashow.com)

AND

We will be attending the Fabtech 2011 Welding Expo (http://www.fabtechexpo.com/) in Chicago. The dates are November 14-17 2011 with our booth 5842 which is directly across from the Esab in the main isle. We will have live welding with our very own Tim Robel, from Tim Robel Concepts and Lee Stamper from American Chopper or Orange County Choppers (OCC). In addition, we will be introducing our latest industrial line of welding equipment, including wireless welding monitoring for welding equipment.

3709 (http://www.fabtechexpo.com/)

As a reminder, we are still running our contest for the free equipment, and we will be drawing a raffle at the shows! Please come see us, say hello, and check our our equipment!

Gadget
09-30-2011, 04:52 PM
If you haven't been to one of these show and have the means to attend you should, there's a ton of cool stuff there. You can also see and try the great Longevity machines on display and meet Simon and his staff.

KHK
09-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I have been to 10+ shows for various companys, and worked about 1/2 of them. TelCom, PMMI, ScanTeck, to name a few. I have not been to a FABTECK but will go to this one. The shows are always fun and exausting. If anyone wants to car pool let me know.............

INSANITY
09-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Already registered for Fabtech. This is the first time that I wont be at SEMA in 5 years. SEMA Rules if you like custom vehicles.
I'll see you in Chicago, for sure!

Aaron

SAS Company
10-03-2011, 02:47 AM
I've been to a couple Fabtech shows and will be going to this one. If you sign up something like more than 30 days in advance you can register for free.

minnfatz
10-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Just registered for the show. Looking forward to it.

JolietJames
11-09-2011, 07:07 AM
I went to the one in Chicago a couple years ago. It was pretty cool but its mostly geared toward big companies needing big machines.
Hey Minnfatz -you shoot pool?

minnfatz
11-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey Joliet, I responded to you a week ago, but for some reason it didn't post. I do play pool, just not well. I actually picked the name for online poker years ago when I was thin. Now I can't play online poker and I'm not so thin anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Had a good time at Fabtech today. It was cool talking to Tim, Simon, D. and Aaron. The new equipment looks good. Hope you all have a good show! I will have to get my butt in gear and take some pictures of a few projects.

INSANITY
11-14-2011, 09:44 PM
[/COLOR]Had a good time at Fabtech today. It was cool talking to Tim, Simon, D. and Aaron. The new equipment looks good. Hope you all have a good show! I will have to get my butt in gear and take some pictures of a few projects.[/QUOTE]

It was good meeting you to Noel. I had fun, so much that I missed my Happy Hour Free Drink. :/
At one point D.P. and I were laughing so hard that my ribbs hurt. :D

LONGEVITY
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Noel,

Nice meeting you today as well. We are here for 3 more days so stop by again if you can!

Thanks,

Simon

JolietJames
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey Minnfatz. I try to keep the same name everywhere I go too.
I used to play online years ago too until I mysteriously got blinded out of every big money tournament once I made the final table. After finding they were all rigged I quit playing. I still shot alot of pool up until this summer when I switch back to all the summer obsessions. Our last pool hall closed this year so I don't know how much playing I'll be doing. I don't want to clutter up this thread anymore so take care.
-James

arandall
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Someday I'd like to make it to the SEMA show too. But I've often wondered if there is much there for the average back-yard tinkerer.

INSANITY
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Someday I'd like to make it to the SEMA show too. But I've often wondered if there is much there for the average back-yard tinkerer.

SEMA is a place where the Latest and Greatest in the Automotive Aftermarket is showcased along with Tools of The Trades. It's also an event that showcases most of Thee Best Fabricators, Painters, Audio & Video and Interior Designers that this planet has to offer. When money is not an object, things can get C R A Z Y !
If nothing else, it will open your eyes to a whole new world of Automotive Perfection!

minnfatz
11-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Well, I am back in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, wishing I would have planned a second day at Fabtech. There was so much to see that I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked. I did get my free happy hour beer though Aaron. :mrgreen:

Simon, you asked what you could do to make your booth better and I have a couple of ideas to visually jazz stuff up a little. A few things you could do would be to have some larger hanging pictures on poster boards of your equipment in action. You could also have a contest for people on this site to post pictures or videos of their projects, along with their video testimonials, then take the best ones and make a looping video that you can show on a TV. If people see a video of your equipment in action, being used by average people, making really cool stuff, well that is pretty powerful I think. Also, your little welding booth is cool, but people can't really see the welding take place. Maybe you could change the sides a little and use tinted glass or whatever, so people can see what you are doing. That ties into another idea and that is to cut out a bunch of small, simple metal butterflies, airplanes, or whatever ahead of time, then weld them up while you are at the show and give them away. Finally, if you are doing a show somewhere, invite people down to the show from this forum and have them hang out and talk up your product to passers by, then take them out for a beer or wings at the end of the day as payment/team building. That is pretty cheap advertising if you ask me.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I hope my suggestions are useful.

JolietJames
11-16-2011, 05:34 AM
From what I've seen of SEMA there are as many posers there as there are experts. All the "custom" bolt on crap money can buy. That's just my opinion though. Add to it my hatred for all things shiny on my vehicles and it's easy for me to skip it. I would definitely prefer to go to a metal meet or some place like that to learn from the true masters and not stare at bling all day. Just my $.02

arandall
11-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah - I'm not big on bling for bling's sake either.

INSANITY
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I can appreciate all ends of the spectrum. When at SEMA, I could care less about all the bolt ons and accessories and crap that will end up at AutoZone. I'm there for the Cars and there are some amazing pieces of work. Some pretty hot chicks there too but you can find those at any given shopping mall. No matter what kind of event you attend, your going run into posers. At this point in time there are more posers on earth than Real People.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Non-Posers rolling out of SEMA 2011

2011 SEMA Cruise - SEMA Show Vehicle Roll-Out - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caNYJQl3-84&feature=player_embedded)

JolietJames
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Cool video. Some of those were pretty trick. The 4x4 industry always has some great stuff there. I like the American muscle shown in the clip too. That reminds me of another thing that bugs me. I freaking HATE when someone restores an old hot rod and throws 20" chrome wheels on the thing. Holy crap that drives me nuts! Put some Craigers or rally wheels on it and call it done already. Leave the giant blingy rims to the impalas and caprices lol.