PDA
View Full Version :

I need help.....

SICFabrications
08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
just bid a job and need 4 more fellas. my machines, my fuel in the machines, my stick rods. all on lifts (no beam walking) must carry structural certs 7018 overhead. job starts in 4 weeks, pays 50 bucks an hour 45 hour weeks. job will last up to 3 weeks. send me an email or dig up my phone number from my website in your intersted... the job is in central arkansas...

thanks,
stan

Gadget
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Dang, wish I were certified. Fifty bucks an hour is a good part time wage. Hope you find some good welders Stan.

odleo
08-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Dang, why overhead I would get my certs if I could weld overhead. Stan I will help with your other projects if that will free up one of your other guys. You know what I can do.

WookieWelding
08-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Dang, why overhead I would get my certs if I could weld overhead. Stan I will help with your other projects if that will free up one of your other guys. You know what I can do. overhead cause the beams are in position

Really wish i could get away sounds like fun

odleo
08-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Wookie Geez I would never have figured that out by myself, Certianly glad you were able to explain it.

Nick
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Wookie Geez I would never have figured that out by myself, Certianly glad you were able to explain it.

:lol:

Wrong side of the country on my end Stan. That'd be worth a crack at the cert.

Nick
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Realize you're swamped, but this bears asking. You have a general list of Certs you'd want an incoming spark maker to hold?

I've been spending too much time tutoring DC's 602. Ever walked down the road wishing you knew less about the many facets of refrigeration? -_-

I love the kid, but I think I have more stuck in my head than he does. I really shouldn't still remember the "swing left" hand signal for a f'ing crane a year later. :x

SICFabrications
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
i do, Nick... aws d1.1 and d1.2 structural overhead unlimited on steel, x-ray overhead unlimited aluminum, and aviation grade SS 6g... for this job, you would only NEED aws d1.1 unlimited overhead 7018.... which translates to, gotta be able to pass a DT test on 1 inch thick groove plate overhead with 7018 rods... have another job going on right now that requires aws d1.2 x-ray unlimited overhead... translates to being able to weld 1 inch groove plate overhead with 4043 aluminum mig and then pass x-ray for porosity and fusion. another job going on right now would require you to pass aws d1.1 Stainless 6g pipe with TIG and the test taken at a 45 degree angle to the ground... translates to welding 2 pieces of SS pipe together 3 pass using NDT (non-destructive testing) x-ray and sonogram.... good luck!

Nick
08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Now that's helpful. Should make fielding a few extra hands quite a bit more straight forward as well assuming there's some lurkers in your immediate area. ^_^