PDA
View Full Version :

Maybe 3s a charm on my 160P

bhardy501
10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Got my replacement 160P and it worked fine after finding a loose connection. After a couple of months with very little use the HF quit working. Contacted Simon about the problem and again he came through. Just sent my unit back to him and will hopefully have a new upgraded unit in soon. Longevity's customer support is second to none.

LONGEVITY
10-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Bill,

I am sorry for your troubles. We corrected the HF problems with a new Pilot Arc starting mechanism which does not interfere with the rest of the circuit board. Your new machine will be flawless and the arc will start without any contact. You can actually start it in the air with our new Pilot Arc Torch.

Thanks for being patient with us and a supporter. We will not let you down.

Simon

Gadget
10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Bill,

I am sorry for your troubles. We corrected the HF problems with a new Pilot Arc starting mechanism which does not interfere with the rest of the circuit board. Your new machine will be flawless and the arc will start without any contact. You can actually start it in the air with our new Pilot Arc Torch.

Thanks for being patient with us and a supporter. We will not let you down.

Simon

Simon,
Does my LP80d have that pilot arc?
Dan

LONGEVITY
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Gadget,

No. The machine does not have Pilot Arc because the torch is only 50amp capable. Therefore, we are currently developing torches that can go up to 250amps and have the Pilot Arc capability. Currently, we can only offer Pilot Arc up to 50amps.

Simon

bhardy501
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Will the original style torch work with the pilot arc system? DHL tracking shows my machine should be back to me on the 31st. I am interested in getting it back and trying it out. Thanks Simon for the top notch customer service.

LONGEVITY
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the question. Bill, the HF torches will not work the the pilot arc system. You will have to use the new torch, which has been rated as one of the best we have ever offered.

Thanks

bhardy501
11-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Got my new 160P in, I really like the new pilot arc control and all I can say about the new plasma torch is WOW. This thing is great. I did think the bare wire conection for the pilot arc was a little cheap. Atleast spend the .15 cents for a U connector that will fit on the post. What do I need to do with my old torch and the extra consumables set I bought with my first one. I have the large consumable set (over $100) I cant use. Thanks, Simon for the assistance and getting my unit to me.