PDA
View Full Version :

200DX so far, and Quick disconnect??

frijoli
06-12-2011, 10:56 AM
---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

PS: is this torch the same as a WP20??

KHK
06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
As far as I know YES

frijoli
06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Okay, since this unit didn't come with any instructions or manual, what does the readout display and when?

frijoli
06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Okay several things don't make sense to me on this welder.

1 With all controls at max(including the pedal knob), the readout never shows above 134 amps, and the arc seems to be at that range.(pulse off, TIG DC)
2 How do you set the current with out starting an arc?
3 when I lift off the foot pedal, a weak arc continues for some time. Almost like the HF continues(3-4 seconds)
4 The arc is very smooth for sure:), but really weak compared to our Miller 200D:?

Okay so I'm not familiar with this brand welder, but normal parameters don't seem to function the same and the continuing arc and no amp readout when not welding has me confused.
I haven't tried the AC yet and I'm nervous about the strength of this unit. Maybe just this particular one.

LONGEVITY
06-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi Frijoli,

The foot pedal unfortunately does not give an accurate reading on the machine's digital display because it is not calibrated with it. However, when you are lifting the pedal and the arc continues is because your pedal is stuck on the on position. This leads us to believe there is an issue with the potentiometer inside.

Please use the machine without the pedal. Lets see if you get a brighter arc and maybe the issue is caused by pedal. Also in AC

Gadget
06-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Do you have a downslope or ramp down setting. If so turn that down and try again.

frijoli
06-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Okay, I switched to the torch trigger. Tested the arc and it is strong. I can burn a hole through 1/8 steel plate almost instantly. Tested it on AC and DC. Works great.

Switched back to the foot pedal and it works fine as well. All setting were written down and duplicated for the test. Not sure what happened and why, but whatever was not working properly appears to be okay now.

I welded some test lap joints in 12ga Aluminum. Nice arc, nice control with the pedal. Love the frequency control.
Tested some on mild steel tube 16ga 5/8 diameter. very nice ability to make a SMALL arc.
Now I know I need a magnifier lens in my helmet, ha ha ha.

Everything seems okay for now!

Crasa21
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I have the same machine and am trying to learn how to weld aluminum. Please share what settings you used. I played with the frequency and wow that is a huge difference between melting through and having the puddle "float" on top of the base metal