PDA
View Full Version :

thread deleted??? ASked a question about a comparison of welders and closet Longevity

frijoli
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I asked earlier about comparisons of the closest Longevity welder in comparison to a used Miller AC/DC and Eastwood 200 TIG and the closest Longevity welder.

Apparently, I said something wrong because the thread is gone. Can someone help me understand what rules I violated? I meant no offense.

Clay

rustycase
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Ur post probably got lost in the shuffle, frijoli...
They are working to get things sorted out following the hack.

Big Blue is a fine machine, there's no doubt about it. For maybe three times the price of a Longevity box.
I'd like to have a Dynasty 350 DX, but I'd play hell trying to make it pay for itself.
The 200SD is the one that is three times the price of a 3 in 1 Longevity...

I wanted full function and control over the process... Can't beat Longevity!

Sry, I just don't know abt the Eastwood machines. I'd suspect they are badged.

Best
rc

tigqk
05-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Are you sure you remember where you posted, I answered your thread last night, and know full well that Simon/Longevity would never intentionally delete a thread regarding machines if you have been with this forum for awhile you will notice that their have been problems with their Godaddy servers, if you have not been here long well then I welcome you, and hope I can help, but their are others that may answer your questions better but wish to get you an answer.Their are also other Longevity owners local to your area allow try before you buy, just have to do a search.
I looked briefly at Syncrowave capabilities and thought that the new ones did not have ac capability but they do, my mistake, just not ac pulse, they are not feature rich, because they are heavy transformer machines.
Looking for amperage you need a general rule of thumb is an 10 amps for every .010 of metal so .250 inches, about 250 amps, how much do you want to weld, how thick?Is a good starting question.

You are not going to get the features found on Syncrowave that the Longevity has because the Syncrowave is a transformer based machine which uses older technology to condition the waveform and the Longevity uses the new inverter based technology more similiar to the XMT to condition the waveform.This allows for a feature rich machine and good power economy because of the IGBT transitors.
Two good machines Longevity offers with single phase power is the Tigweld 250 AC/DC, and the Tigweld 200DX, which is a new machine Longevity has introduced.Their are also several Tig models offered with multi-function ability.
I had mentioned to you in your prior post that I had one of these, a Weldall 200PI, a 200amp Tig/50 amp Plasma cutter under one package, and I have been very happy with it, and bought it because it is portable and I am an autobody mechanic and have the two under one cover, the 50 amp plasma cutter was a bonus.Easy to carry from the shop home and back on the weekends.I cannot make any comments about the Eastwood machine.
Hope this helps if not, let me know what you need to know and I will direct you to another member.

Gadget
05-07-2011, 07:37 AM
I asked earlier about comparisons of the closest Longevity welder in comparison to a used Miller AC/DC and Eastwood 200 TIG and the closest Longevity welder.

Apparently, I said something wrong because the thread is gone. Can someone help me understand what rules I violated? I meant no offense.

Clay

Clay,
Your thread was not deleted, it was lost thanks to GoDaddy not doing the backups they were supposed to be doing. We were supposed to get nightly backups but apparently they were doing only weekly. We lost about 6 days of posts from 4/24 late in the day to 5/1.
The GoDaddy server died, the Longevity site was then moved to a different hosting service on a new server and restored from backup.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dan

frijoli
05-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the replies again!
The miller is off the table as the company is sending to another facility.
So I'm down to the Eastwood and a Longevity model. I really can't afford the plasma version, so I am debating the cost/benefits of the 200 Eastwood and the 200 Longevity.

rustycase
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Plasma cut capability is such a neat feature !!!
Best
rc

gilly
05-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Plasma cut capability is such a neat feature !!!
Best
rc

I know.I want one really bad.

frijoli
05-29-2011, 08:10 AM
So is the 200dx the closest welder in the Longevity line to the eastwood 200tig? I thought Longevity had a 200 AC/DC tig for around the same price. But apparently they have jumped a fair amount.

INSANITY
05-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Have you looked at the full Longevity TIG lineup? You will get way more controlability out of the Longevity TigWeld 200 DX than Eastwood's TIG 200.

samsberr
05-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I think I'll sell my Econotig at 140lbs. Transformer style and apply the coins to a 200DX...
Kinda depends how the drawing turns out...looks very appealing...

KHK
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Eastwood vrs Longevity

Eastwood- engineered 200-amp TIG Welder offers affordable, professional quality TIG welding on aluminum,
stainless or steel and precise welding of thinner-gauge materials up to ” thick.
Operates on either 110VAC or 220VAC circuits for complete portability. Backed by Eastwood’s no-hassle
3-year warranty. Try it for 30 days, and if you’re not satisfied, simply return it.
•10-200-amp AC/DC inverter-based power supply
•1/4” thick welding capacity
•High-frequency start for precise arc control
•Square-wave inverter for accurate aluminum welding
•”WP-17”-Type torch accepts commonly available cups and collets, up to 1/8” electrodes
•Includes regulator, ground cable and clamp, foot pedal, torch and 110v-to220v adapter plug
•Duty Cycle 45% at 150 amps
•Instruction manual

Longevity;
Model: TigWeld 200DX AC/DC AC TIG
Input Voltage: 1 Phase 220v/230v/240 ; 50/60Hz
No-Load Voltage: 70v
Base Current Adjusting Range: 20-200A
AC Balance: 10%-90%
AC Square Wave Frequency: 50-250Hz
Rated Duty Cycle: 60%
DC TIG
Pulse Current Adjusting Range: 5-200A
Current Down-Slope Time: 0-10S
Base Current: 5-200A
Pulse Width Ratio: 0.1-0.9
Pulse Frequency: 0.2-300Hz
After Flow Time: 1-25S
Arc Starting Mode: High Frequency Arc Striking
DC MMA
No-Load Voltage: 70V
Base Current Adjusting Range: 5-160A
Rated Output Current: 160A
Efficiency: >83%

Differences;
Longevity has much more controll than Eastwoog, 12 controll knobs vrs 4
Longevity has 60% duty cycle @ 160 amp, Eastwood has 45% duty cycle at 150 amp
Longevity has a 5 year warranty, Eastwood has a 3 year warranty
Eastwood has TIG torch controll on the torch. Longevity has on/off switch.
Eastwood has a 120/240 volt input voltage. Longevity has 240 volt only

There you hav it, I would buy the Longevity.

frijoli
05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Eastwood vrs Longevity

[COLOR=red]
There you hav it, I would buy the Longevity.

Does anyone know how long it takes for longevity to respond to "make a reasonable offer"

arandall
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
When I went through the process a number of years ago, it took no longer than one day. - Things may have changed since then - - I don't know.

tigqk
05-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Take your time, they will get back to you and you'll love the machine,I dunno ever think of asking for an older machine that is new Simon may have, Demo or refurbished.

frijoli
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Okay, Tomorrow I order my 200DX. I hope the rest of this goes as well as the beginning!
Thanks everyone for the assistance!!