PDA
View Full Version :

Multi-purpose

Noisy Nova
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM
I always wondered why no company made a machine that would weld as well as plasma cut.
So, why does Longevity do so?

Any plans to make a MIG, TIG, Stick power supply?

LONGEVITY
01-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Honestly, because there is a demand for it. Miller, etc... they all love to sell you 4 separate units for $2000.

Try our unit out.

Noisy Nova
01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I'd like to. I'll wait for a Canadian dealer/repair depot.

Jeff
03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I know nothing about welding or welding machines. I own a small company and the guy that does my welding says we need a new machine. He told me to look at Lincoln and Miller but I stumbled upon this website. Our company welds some carbon and stainless steel as well as aluminum 1/8" tanks. Which of your models do you recommend for this? Also, your pricing seems so much less than others Ive looked at. Why is that?

Jeff

PS. Oh and my welder says i need to find a unit that is water cooled. I dont see those here. Why/

cracer250
03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
I jeff, speaking as a consumer, you need to figure out what type of welding you will need to be doing. By the sound of it, you will be tig welding. If you need a liquid cooled unit, you could possibly add an external cooler and a water cooled tig torch to a longevity unit if you got creative. However, by the sounds of your use you will be using this unit commercially and the combo units are more setup for home garage, small shop type scenarios. If you will be using the unit for production welding every single day, you might want to call Simon or someone at Longevity to see what they recommend.