PDA
View Full Version :

Hey guys..

new2it
10-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to say hey, I am new to welding and plasma cutting and will mostly be using it on a car I am restoring.

I have to say I was initially skeptical when buying the plasma cutter from Longevity as all the other products I looked at were very expensive. I looked at this forum and read through numerous threads and spoke with Simon and felt confident I was getting a good deal.

I received my LP40d on Friday in excellent shape, even the box was in good shape on the outside. Seems the shipping problems Simon was experiencing have been resolved. I did find from the forum that it seems like a good idea to remove the cover when you get the unit and just check for any lose connectors inside before firing it up. I did find one connector half off going to the capacitor board on the bottom and the connector for the OC light was completely off. Pushed them down firmly, covered her back up and put my plug on the wire. I love the fact that they include an external water separator/regulator.

I fired it up last night and was completely blown away by just how well this works. I cant tell you how much time (and sawzall blades) I have wasted over the years. Once I figured out how important it is to have a clean bare metal edge (even rust will stop you) to start the arc I was up and slicing every piece of scrap metal I could find.

Great product, great customer service.... Nice going guys.

LONGEVITY
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Hello,

Welcome to the forums and dont forget to post some pics of your cuts.

Gadget
10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi new2it and welcome aboard, hope you find a nice home here. Post some photos of your projects when you get to them.
Dan

specter
10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the welding community. If your like me I wander around at spring cleaning time looking for free steel folks are throwing out. Steel bedframes are great for making stuff such as welding carts. I have even taken apart mattreeses to get the spring steel out of the edge supports -that steel is great for making alot of stuff as well.