PDA
View Full Version :

can Longevity help me?

distrbd
10-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi all.
About 3 weeks ago I bought a 3 in 1 welder from a vendor goes by the name USA metal worker,it arrived DOA,I emailed him and told him what happened he said if I send it back he will send me a brand new one,the catch was that I had to pay for the shipping because I live in Toronto Canada he can not issue me a prepaid return label,but to compensate me for it he will throw in a 40 piece plasma consumables with the welder,I agreed (reluctantly)it cost me $73 to send it back ,now it has been 3 weeks and after asking him several times "when am I going to get my welder?" he finally says this Monday Oct.6 .now I know he has had his welder that I sent him since last week(UPS notified me)and I have a feeling he is going to fix it and sent the same one back to me not a brand new one like he promised,and frankly I have no hope of seeing the extra 40 piece plasma consumables.
Now I wish I had bought a similar welder from Longevity,I would have got a much better warranty ,and support plus I know it is less likely to get a DOA from longevity and if I did they would have treated me much better than the treatment I got from USA metalworker.
Is it possible at all that Longevity talk USA metal worker in to cancelling the transaction and instead send me a unit like LC416D?if so how much extra would it cost?I already paid $500 plus $73 for shipping this welder back .
I know this is probably not going to happen but I tell you I will never buy from this USA metalworker anything again,he tricked me in to selling the welder outside EBAYso I would not have any leverage by giving him a negative feed back!well you live and you learn.
I also told my story on another forum so people don't get fooled by all the advertisement and great positive feed backs he posts onEBAY:
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=24128
I hope something good comes out of this thread ,even if I help one person looking to buy a welder from this man reads this he/she will find out buying from him is a big risk ,just don't do it,I wish I had known about Longevity before I bought my welder.
Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.
Regards.
Ken.

Gadget
10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Ken,
I sent an email to Simon on your request for assistance. He should be getting back to you soon. He is very busy and can occasionally miss a post here.
Hopefully he will be able to help you with your problem.

Dan

LONGEVITY
10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Dan,

Thanks for the email. Ken, i talked to our dealer with a similar USA name and he stated he is not affiliated with the Seller you got the unit from. He mentioned to me that the seller who sold you the unit is from Sacramento. Unfortunately, I have no pull with them.

However, I can help you get a refund if that is what you desire and help you with selling our machine here. As a consumer, especially with Paypal payments or CC payments you can do some things about your purchase.

Please email me at simon@longevity-inc.com and I will do my best to help you!

Thanks

distrbd
10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you both for your replies,I finally heard from the seller ,my machine is suppose to have been shipped to me on Monday Oct.6.
It should be here this coming Monday .
This time I'll check it throughly to make sure it functions properly and if I find it to be problematic I'll ship it it right back and demand a full refund.
I know putting a claim through Paypal should not take more than a few days and for sure I'll contact Longevity after I get my money back.
Thank you for all your help,
Keeping my finger crossed.
Ken.

LONGEVITY
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Best of luck. Ken. We will be here.

Simon