PDA
View Full Version :

Wiring for CNC Plasma

JB4x4
03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello,

I am in the process of wiring my CNC plasma table. I am using electronics from CandCNC and will be using my WeldAll 250 for the cutting source for the time being. I was just curious if you guys had some insight as to where to "tap in" to the unit to read voltage for the digital torch height control.

Thanks,
John

Gadget
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I was never able to justify the cost of THC so I don't have that information. That doesn't help you but I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring your question.

KHK
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Need more information on the THC and WeldAll 250. Who makes the THC, do you have a wiring diagram? Is it a 250P or a 250PI? Due to the possible confidential nature of the wiring diagram do not post it send me a PM.
I will try to help...

JB4x4
03-28-2011, 11:03 PM
@KHK - Probably the best info I have is here - http://www.candcnc.com/PDF/THCSensor-REV14.pdf - The unit I am using is the WeldAll 250pi

@Gadget - Keep pinching the pennies bud. At CandCNC they even have a Low Cost THC for $249

Thanks in advance for looking into it guys,
John

KHK
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
@KHK - Probably the best info I have is here - http://www.candcnc.com/PDF/THCSensor-REV14.pdf - The unit I am using is the WeldAll 250pi

@Gadget - Keep pinching the pennies bud. At CandCNC they even have a Low Cost THC for $249

Thanks in advance for looking into it guys,
John

The link is broken. But you provided enough info to find it. What type of "arc on" are you using? CT, DCP??

JB4x4
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
KHK,

Thanks for the quick response. I will be using the DCP as this looked like the simplest and more accurate way to get the arc on.

John

jlindst
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi John.
I'm making my own DTHC system but am having trouble getting a stable voltage reading for my micro controller to read.
I realize this is forward but since you are the only person on this site currently installing this system I have to ask a favor.
Can you take and send me some pics of the THC hookup board?
I'm trying to figure out the Pi LC circuit and can't reference the back side of it to figure out the circuit traces and component values.
Can you help me?
Justin
jlindst@gmail.com

Gadget
03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi jlindst and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good. Please tell us about yourself in the introduce yourself forum so we can get to know you.
Dan