PDA
View Full Version :

air

Bunk
02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
What should the input pressure be on a 40D? Also just how clean does the air have to be?
I will be cutting leaf springs about 1/4" thick and the tips off of shovels. Thanks,
Bunk

Gadget
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
The cleaner the air the longer the consumables are likely to last. I would get an HF desiccant drier at least.

KHK
02-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Try to have the compressor as far from the cutter as possible. This will allow the water to condense, and the dryer can remove it easier.

Bunk
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks guys. Am I to understand that I need another filter besides the stock one that came with it? Also do I have to regulate the air pressure down on the input side or can it handle 120psi shop air? Thanks,
Bunk

Gadget
02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
You can get away with the stock water separator if your air is pretty clean. The regulator on the front of the unit can handle normal shop air with no problem. Keep in mind the drier and cleaner your air the longer your consumables are likely to last.

LONGEVITY-Support
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Bunk,

You would also want to set your psi's between 45-55 with the air pressure gauge on the front of the unit, It should run fine from there. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Best,

DP

Bunk
02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Well I got to try this machine out today and I am going to love this, once I learn how to use it well! I made several cuts, some thick and some thin. I had a couple come out pretty good but can tell I have a lot to learn. I will get some pics and post them soon.
The material I will be cutting, is leaf springs. They are about a 1/4" thick. I turned the Amps all the way up and ran the between 55-65psi. I noticed the torch needs to be stright up and down and I need to develop a steadier hand but I am sure that will come with experience.
The guy that has been doing my cutting, is suposed to come over and give me some pointers, I am sure I will learn to use this machine well.
Bunk

tomsign
02-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Bunk, it will not take long to get the hang of it, and as all before said the cleaner the better