PDA
View Full Version :

Wind & snow

KHK
02-06-2011, 01:58 AM
In Chicago we got 20 in of snow. In the attached picture there is 1 ft of snow against the garage door, then it slopes down to bare pavement then up to a 3 ft drift. Some places in my driveway had alomost 4 ft of snow.

tomsign
02-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Keith, I feel for you,
I'm sick of all the ICE and the Snow
COME ON SPRING

gilly
02-06-2011, 08:20 AM
My wife is from Maine,and would love to have snow like that.I wouldn't mind visiting you to see the snow,but a couple of days of that and I would head for home.Like Keith said,come on spring.

INSANITY
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm with ya Keith! I live in Chicago subs - Oak Lawn. Here's a shot of my 98' S-10 Blazer! - For the record, it's still buried! I just dug out my jeep!

arandall
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope you guys are OK, and the snow doesn't do too much damage to anything.
Here in Saskatooon we haven't had anything like Chicago, but we have had quite a bit of snow - enough that I decided since I have a low-slope pitch on my roof, I should shovel it off. It probably would have been OK, but I was worried that if we had another big dump of snow, it would become a big problem that I would have to deal with immediately. It was about 18" deep, and took me two whole afternoons to clear it off, mostly because I had to move all of it to the front of the house before throwing if off. I should be good for the rest of the winter now.

INSANITY
02-06-2011, 03:35 PM
It's been crazy, all the reports and footage of roof collapses this winter!

2 More Pics

tigqk
02-07-2011, 02:26 AM
arandall. I hear you,here in alberta, my neighbors barn attachment collapsed about two weeks ago because of the snow we have been getting, normally it averages so snow hasn't been a problem but his year I swept the snow off the roof(ranch style) and then had to go back up about two weeks later and do it after a snowfall again and in a small building we have layers(hens) in, a small garage I have a tractor in collapsed also, go figure?
It was more for ice dams damaging the gypsum inside when the snow melts and refreezes the water has no place to go.