PDA
View Full Version :

New product Longevity Force Cut LP 80D plasma cutter

Gadget
09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Product review.
I was fortunate enough to get one of the very first Longevity Force Cut LP 80D plasma cutters. The tracking number was sent to me on Thursday the day of pickup at Longevity. I received the unit much to my surprise on Friday.
The unit was well packed and showed no signs of shipping damage. One of the first things I noticed was the torch cable was covered with a denim like fabric instead of the usual rubber sheath. I like the feel of this over the rubber. The torch has nice heavy consumables that look like they will last quite a while. Another nice surprise was that this unit didn't need contact to start the cut. I was cutting rusty 1/4" steel plate for testing and didn't need to clean the metal or make contact for the cut to start regardless of whether it was a pierce cut or a severance cut.
The duty cycle at 60 amps is 100% so for normal every day use you shouldn't have to worry about letting the unit cool. I was only running at 40 amps today because I didn't know for sure what the AC current requirements were (suggested 50 amp circuit and plugs).
The front panel is simple and easy to understand. The unit is fairly compact at 13.5 inches high and not excessively heavy.
Once I get the proper power connections I will do a 1" severance cut and will make a video of that.

You can view the test cuts I made today at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7fpTJY8Wv4
I really am impressed with this machine, it is going to be a great addition to my shop.
This unit is not listed on the Longevity website yet so if you are interested contact Simon by PM, phone, or email.

[attachment=1:1x4c415d]GEDC0009.jpg[/attachment:1x4c415d]