PDA
View Full Version :

Similarity between Longevity Machines and other units

tempsho
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
First things first about this thread, it is not intended to bash or talk down about any companies. It is just to get some clarification/information about other units

I've been looking around, and it seems there are other machines made by different companies (Chinese made units) on the market that look very similar to the Longevity product line. They have similar looking dials, switches, connectors, guns, cases, etc. Obviously you can not read a book by its cover, but how do the Longevity units compare?

Just look at some of the units sold on online and it looks like they were all built in the same factory. (Iím not talking about Miller or Lincoln)

http://shop.ebay.com/sis.html?_nkw=MIG+WELDER+TIG+WELDER+PLASMA+CUTTER+ STICK+WELDER+WIRE+FEEDER (http://shop.ebay.com/sis.html?_nkw=MIG+WELDER+TIG+WELDER+PLASMA+CUTTER+ STICK+WELDER+WIRE+FEEDER)

Iíve been reading lots of good thingd about Longevity, and I am looking forward to using both of the machines I just ordered. One thing I have noticed is that the customer support is super awesome. I think that is probably the biggest difference right there.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this subject?

LONGEVITY
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Tempsho,

A lot of chinese manufactured units are generally bought and sold on ebay by what we call "At Home" or "Garage" sellers, who have no engineering, technical experience in place. Most of these sellers are selling what they consider a "hot item." Personally, seeing over 20 factories while building LONGEVITY and choosing the right factory to invest in for quality control, we have seen it all. From professional producers to kids testing welding equipment without eye protection.

Our factory insures quality, our warranty is the best in the business, and our support team in the states, Canada, and in other parts of the world have been unmatched. We even help people with getting parts and help from other Chinese suppliers on a what seems to be a daily basis.

Hope this help!

Simon
President of LONGEVITY

tempsho
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes, that helps. So besides your machines looking similar in one way or another, that is were the similarity ends? Can you comment on the internals of your machines compared to others or is that tough to do without opening them up, using them, testing them, and knowing where and how they were built? I hope I didn't offend you guys in anyway, I just want to be an informed consumer.

LONGEVITY
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
No offense taken. That is why we have a public for questions such as these. Internally, we tend to upgrade every year or so including quick connects throughout the machine, high grade IGBT chips by siemens, and our mother boards are never refurbished or re-used reducing the chances of a problem with the machine. Overall, i would say the attention to detail while assembling, high quality parts, and how clean the factory is an important aspect of the manufacturing process and something we practice and encourage at our factory.

One thing is other machines may look similar, but the copyright laws in China are not as established as here in the states. That goes for pirating pretty much everything.

Sincerely,

Simon