PDA
View Full Version :

WeldAll 250PI VS WeldPro LS200P

Nice50Cal
12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello,
Although I have never post I have used this forum for help and research on many instances. I have a Weld Pro LS200P and have been happy with it. I am looking to upgrade to a WeldAll 250PI. I like the new plasma cutter and need the extra power for aluminum. I do have a few questions that I need help with.
1. When I weld thin aluminum the start is a little rough. With the new system has that improved?
2. I have heard the new system is water enabled, I canít find a water cooled touch on the web site. Could someone post the link, I have found the water unit but not the gun.
Thanks in advanced for any help.

Gadget
12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Nice50cal, and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, check out for the contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good. The current contest has completed and the winner should be announced any day. Please post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself forum.
I watched Stan use the 250PI nearly all day for three days at the Fabtech expo and I never saw any indication of difficulty starting. Stan should be on within the next 24 hours and he can elaborate on that for you.
What does your username indicate, are you in the military or just like 50 cal guns? That was always one of my favorites when I was in the service.
Dan

SICFabrications
12-16-2010, 08:38 PM
none of the longevity machines have been hard to start except with dry cellulosic rods (then again, it dont matter whose machine youre using, they are hard to start)

ima ask a few questions, please answer and i can help with machine settings and procedure and hopefull that will get ya on yer way.... when you say thin aluminum, could you define thin? 1/4 1/8 .100 .080 .063 .040 pop can? anything under 3/8 i consider thin...lol...

what sized tungsten, color band on the tungsten, size of filler metal, alloy of filler metal and alloy of parent metal?

what are your machine settings that youre using right now?

Nice50Cal
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back, I was having problems posting.

Nice50cal was created when I couldn’t fine an email account that was not used. No service, I was crunched up a bit at age 17 on a motorcycle and was not be accepted. I do enjoy shooting many types of guns.

Now for the hard stuff:
1/8 inch to .100 Aluminum 4043
Green (this may be the problem, I have considered test with 2% Lanthanated Tungsten)
1/16, 3/32 and 1/8 tried all
I use the pedal set to about 25%
#6 cup
18 to 20 on the Gas
Pure argon
4043 Alloy Aluminum Wire 1/16 and 3/32, 3/32 seems to work better after startup and bonds well.

I have found with a fresh tip it starts easy, after it balls it seem to have a problem. I have also started using Pulse as it seems to help me keep a clean even bead. I have noticed my pedal seems to be sticking so I will be cleaning it soon. Works fine in DC mode. When in Pulse I am running about 50 %. Let me know what I missed.
Thanks

SICFabrications
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
the green band tungsten is 85% of your problem.... pure tungsten is NOT recommended for use in an inverter based machine.... grey band is your best bet for a "multi-purpose" tungsten...

when welding aluminum and using the pedal, i always turn the mahcine wide open and the pedal wide open.... ever notice how its sometimes hard to get th puddle started? thats because you aint givin the metal enough amperage to overcome the aluminum heat sink...

1/8 aluminum and above, i run the machine wtfo (wide the flip open) or for you gear heads out there full-throttle to start the puddle and then back off once the puddle forms and starts the "keyhole"

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

oh and turn the dang pulse off...... you dont need pulse when using the pedal, once you learn to read the puddle, it will actually work against you... pulse for ultra-thin stainless out of position with the trigger locked....

Nice50Cal
12-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry for the long delay on the response, I had to have my password reset. So you hit the nail on the head, I did not have gray, so I had to order some. I did have orange and tested with that, I was able weld 1/8 inch with no problems and went up to ľ inch. The start problem is gone on the thin stuff and had no problem working on the ľ inch stuff. Thanks