PDA
View Full Version :

First cuts with my 200PI

Arcamm
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I figured I better test out the plasma cutter on my new 200PI. I hooked everything up. After I was sure it wouldn't work with the torch plugged into the + side, I moved it over to the - and she worked just fine. I wasn't sure what kind of fireworks show I would get with it, so I dragged the torch and metal outside, away from all of the Gravelys and their leaky gas tanks. Didn't seems to be as much sparks as I remember from cutting with gas. It was easy and made short work of the mower blades I was testing on. I didn't play with it too much because it's 32 deg outside and I'm not into suffering. I figured it would be a good idea to read the manual and make sure I have everything right. ;)

So far, so good.

KHK
12-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes there is not as many sparks as there is with a OA set up. The other thing with plasma is that it will easily cut through multi-layered pieces of metal.

Arcamm
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I learned that you need to maintain your arc lenght. Too long and just quits. I'm not sure about current settings, the manual is kind of vague in that area.

Charley Davidson
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Don't know if your cutter came with a torch guide or not but they come in very handy for keeping the right height and for use as a guide when following a pattern or straight edge.

Arcamm
12-07-2010, 07:44 AM
No, mine did not come with a guide. I can see where that would be very useful. Guess I need to fabricate something.