PDA
View Full Version :

harbor freight Vs. Longevity

Freddytk421
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Using my camera phone in the local harborfreight store. I was showing some subs the inside of the store and some machines. I threw a plug for longevity and my much loved 205i multi process machine. the same price as the 40 amp Harbor freight plasma. only difference is 10 extra amps on the plasma, a tig torch and foot pedal stick welder and regulator.

EiMS4R-av7w

tjjolle
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for sharing

KHK
11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Good information. Thanks for sharing.

matteh99
11-06-2010, 06:32 PM
It is interesting that the tig torches have the same connectors. Which is really nice actually the more things that use the same connector the greater the chance it will be available in the future.

UnfinishedProjects
12-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Good info. Thanks

Arcamm
12-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I buy a lot of HF stuff. I have one store 15 miles from my house and another 2 miles from one of my clients office. Some stuff is worth the little you pay for it and some is just plain junk. Ask me about my HF 120 amp stick welder. Their customer service is decent, but I'm not sure I would trust them with a large purchase that was as technical as an inverter welder.

Ken's Welding
04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
i have the harbor freight twins, the plasma cutter and tig machine that look just alike, the tig torch is crap, and i never can find replacement consumables for the plasma except at HF, but these are used almost daily and work fine... put a good torch on the tig, preferably water cooled, and get to gettin, works fine and dandy....

and if the newby destroys it some how you are not out thousands!

just my two cents...

forgot to mention HF is right down the block.....

MSBRONCO
09-24-2011, 06:44 AM
I buy a lot of HF stuff. I have one store 15 miles from my house and another 2 miles from one of my clients office. Some stuff is worth the little you pay for it and some is just plain junk. Ask me about my HF 120 amp stick welder. Their customer service is decent, but I'm not sure I would trust them with a large purchase that was as technical as an inverter welder.

Hi I'm asking about the HF 120 amp stick welder.I've had mine over a year and put it up on shelf cause I could not work with it.Got it back out a couple weeks ago and changed to a 220 plug and what a difference.I just started tryin to weld.HOME SCHOOLED--LOL