PDA
View Full Version :

does anyone use bobcad for cnc plasma?

Kel Fab Creations
11-01-2010, 08:15 AM
How do you (if u can) change the pierce delay time? And how do you move lead ins and outs? I know most people hate bobcad but I got an older version 21 for a deal I couldn't pass up. I use it for creating tool paths, lead ins, and generating g code. I use solidworks for drawing.

KHK
11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry, I am using AutoCad and SheetCam(trial Version) on my CNC. I am planing on buying SheetCam, with it you can vary the lead in and lead out, I never tried to change the delay.

Kel Fab Creations
11-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I've messed around with sheetcam a little before I got my hands on bobcad. I think bobcad is easier to make toolpaths and it has nesting also. Maybe I'll spend some more time with sheetcam and see see if feel the same about it now.

KHK
11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I just downloaded a trial version of bobcad and will take a look at it tonight. For now I have to go VOTE!

Kel Fab Creations
11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Cool. I have v21 though. Not sure how that translates to the new version.

KHK
11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
From what I have seen so far the bobcad program is a drawing and cam program. You can make a drawing and convert it to Gcode within the same program. This is a definate advantage to the process that I am curently using. I am trying to get bobcad to allow me to save a file, the trial version won't let me save anything. If I can save a file then I can fully test the program.

Kel Fab Creations
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
So I found out that I adjust the pierce delay in the torchmate driver software.