PDA
View Full Version :

Help with CNC files.

KHK
10-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I am confused!! With my CNC table I have writen the G code from scratch. I have not used any of the programs to generate the G code. Now I am trying to use the programs to generate the G code and I am confused.
I think that the process is as follows;
1. Creat drawing, I am using AutoCad
2. Convert to G code, I am using sheatCam
3. Run on CNC program, I am using Mack3
Is this the correct process??

I am having problems with the file extensions. I have not found a common extensions for file conversion.

Any help is appreciated...

Gadget
10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Keith,
With SheetCam you have to pick your post processor in options on the Post Processor tab one time. Select Mach3 plasma then click ok to save the changes. Then you import the DXF or STL file into sheetcam, set your cut parameters then click File, then Run Post Processor. That will save the file in a format for your Mach3. You probably will want to set up the destination folder for the files so it is easy to find them.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
Dan

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I will probably have some time this evening to hook up to your machine if it has internet access with your assistance and walk you through the process one time.
Dan

KHK
10-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Keith,
With SheetCam you have to pick your post processor in options on the Post Processor tab one time. Select Mach3 plasma then click ok to save the changes. Then you import the DXF or STL file into sheetcam, set your cut parameters then click File, then Run Post Processor. That will save the file in a format for your Mach3. You probably will want to set up the destination folder for the files so it is easy to find them.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
Dan

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I will probably have some time this evening to hook up to your machine if it has internet access with your assistance and walk you through the process one time.
Dan

Thanks Dan. I think that I have solved my problem. I was having troubble saving the autocad file in a format that sheetcam would open.
To many options in autocad. I found the common ground for the two programs.
So at this point I have created a drawing, converted it to g code and run it on mack3 for a finished project.

Gadget
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Cool Keith, it's fun when everything works isn't it.
Dan

KHK
10-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I need to make some cover plates for the gen-welder project. The electrical box has many holes in it, all in the wrong places. I generated 4 G code files to cut out on the CNC table. Hopefully I will cut them out tomorrow.