PDA
View Full Version :

AJ hung a door

Buckcp
09-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Hired AJ to install a prehung exterior door today, the first experience at that for both of us. But after getting ridiculous quotes of $450 to $500 to install it I was pretty sure we could figure it out. A man I respect for his woodworking skills came by this evening and looked it over before pronouncing it a good job. Now AJ did it all with just a few pointers from me, so naturally I had to run here and brag on him.

poodle
09-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Man he is going to be a regular Jack of all trades. That's nothing but good. He will go far being so versatile in different things.

SICFabrications
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
thats good.... teach em to work WITHOUT contractors early on, and will be nothing but good later in life.....

how old is AJ?

KHK
09-04-2010, 10:16 PM
When my oldest son was 16 he was so interested in football he had no time for anyihing else. With the youngest, it was computers...

Gadget
09-05-2010, 06:15 AM
A kid that young with such a strong interest in doing quality work will go far in life.

gilly
09-05-2010, 07:58 AM
He's a very rare kid these days.I have a couple of friends with boys,and my sister has 3 boys,and you can't get them to do anything.There in there 20's and will not get a job.My sisters boys have served in the marines and they are the most laziest guys I have ever seen.They all think that there parents owe it to them to take care of them because they had them.They didn't ask to be born so it's the parents responsibility to feed and house them.One of my best friends warned his youngest son to quit tailgating people so much in his car.He would not listen.He wrecked his car and now my friend has to do everything for him.He has brain damage now and can't even wipe himself,or walk.My friend is 63 years old with back problems,and now he will have to care for his son for the rest of his live.So AJ is a rare boy indeed,and I consider you blessed.

Buckcp
09-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for all the kind words on AJ.
Stan, AJ will be 16 sept 17 and he is anxiously counting the minutes.
As for kids in general these days what can you expect? The minute some politicians in the U.S. started stating that wealth redistribution is a good thing, and no one condemned such a statement as obscene was the moment we can't blame kids for this mentality.

SICFabrications
09-05-2010, 03:36 PM
i would still blame mine for that mentality... mi child isnt being brought up that way... its simple, raise a child in the way that they need to go and when they get older, they wont depart from those ways

gilly
09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
i would still blame mine for that mentality... mi child isnt being brought up that way... its simple, raise a child in the way that they need to go and when they get older, they wont depart from those ways

Amen to that SIC.The kids that I know today could not survive on there own.I guess i'm just old school.

arandall
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Amen to that SIC.The kids that I know today could not survive on there own.I guess i'm just old school.

Or maybe just plain sensible?

Cheers,
Art R.