PDA
View Full Version :

Disapointment turns to happiness

Charley Davidson
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Today at the scrap yard I find a really nice Schwinn banana seat bike with a perfect seat, slick on rear, springer front end, ape hangers, green and very little rust. I swoop on it like a buzzard on a rotting corpse only to find it was a repop made in china, but then I felt a certain relief come over me knowing I wouldn't feel bad about cutting up this beauty to make it into something else.

I'm sure I am gonna be known in the neighborhood as the coolest grandpa in the world when my grandson rolls down the street on his one of a kind tricycle with a springer front end, ape hangers and gocart racing slicks. I have already welded the neck off the Schwinn with the springer on the trike (sorry my camera phone is broke) just need to locate the slicks now.

Gadget
08-31-2010, 06:31 AM
I sure hope you get your camera fixed. I really want to see that. I built a recumbent long wheel base bike in 96 and am still enjoying it. I have over 7000 miles on it.

arandall
08-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm waiting for those pics too Charley!

Cheers,
Art R.

ISKI
08-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Get the camera fixed, can't wait to see it and the faces of the other kids on the block (including the dads;)

torqueman
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
With Gadgets help I built a recumbent bike. Everything is done but the seat. Someday I will get it mounted.