PDA
View Full Version :

Completely Green

donswheel
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I have been around welding all my life, we won't go into how long that actually is, but never welded professionally. I am now involved in the Quality part of the company and that includes welding and all the associated criteria. I really wanted to join this forum just to see what you guys feel is important and get in on the solutions you derive from your discussions. Hope you don't mind me easedropping. I deal with Railroad Tank Car Tank Welding operations and we do keep a CWI and a level III NDT examiner on board.

Gadget
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Welcome aboard Don,
Hopefully we will keep you entertained while you are eavesdropping. Feel free to jump in anytime.

Gadget

donswheel
08-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks Gadget. I'll watch for your name.

MAD4metal
08-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Don...I'm sure you could have lots of info to offer here. I myself am not totally new to welding, but being a sign painter/fabricator/installer . What I do is mostly in the artistic realm and not so much in the structural field. I have made many sign hanging brackets and sign mounting hardware but have never come under having to meet any inspections or tests etc. I am a hobbyist at heart I guess.

donswheel
08-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Hey Mad4metal, nothing wrong with that. Thanks.

Gaustin
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey Don,

There is a wealth of informatioon on the internet regarding welding, quality, inspections etc. There are other good forums out there with some interesting topics of discussion related to welding and quality.

You mention rail cars. A new facility for rail cars is opening near my town with I think 1800 jobs. I know an old friend that does AET on tank cars up in PA too. My best friend is an engineer for BN. Maybe I missed my calling :)